Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked into it... they didn't state they have that many cases. They estimated there could be that many that have it but unknown to them.

As for the official tested and positive for Covid19, it's the number I stated.

This is how viral outbreaks work... for every known case, you have to figure multiple, in addition, have it.

Same with the flu.

"We know now, just the fact of community spread, says that at least 1 percent, at the very least, 1 percent of our population is carrying this virus in Ohio today," Acton said

Her words insinuate more than an estimation on her part.

She based it off of a study that says when 2 people are infected due to community spread then you can assume 1% of the population has it. How or why she thinks you can just say the population would be the entire state of Ohio is unknown.

She’s a prime example of the problem with a large part of these “predicted models.” They are dealing with incomplete data or, even worse, they simply don’t understand the data and spew off numbers without considering or understanding the variables.

Her words insinuate more than an estimation on her part.

She based it off of a study that says when 2 people are infected due to community spread then you can assume 1% of the population has it. How or why she thinks you can just say the population would be the entire state of Ohio is unknown.

She’s a prime example of the problem with a large part of these “predicted models.” They are dealing with incomplete data or, even worse, they simply don’t understand the data and spew off numbers without considering or understanding the variables.
So, she's not entirely wrong.

But, regardless... the official number is what I stated off the Ohio official information.

She was going by viral studies and, honestly, can't really blame her for stating it so high.

Especially since she could be right. The spread is way out of control and we can't keep up with the tests to determine who officially has it versus who's carrying it, spreading it.

Honestly can't fault her for stating that, frankly.

Higher than what I'd guess... but I'm not following viral studies, notlr speak to anyone that is.

So, she's not entirely wrong.

But, regardless... the official number is what I stated off the Ohio official information.

She was going by viral studies and, honestly, can't really blame her for stating it so high.

Especially since she could be right. The spread is way out of control and we can't keep up with the tests to determine who officially has it versus who's carrying it, spreading it.

Honestly can't fault her for stating that, frankly.

Higher than what I'd guess... but I'm not following viral studies, notlr speak to anyone that is.
She claimed there was over 20,000 undetected cases for every one detected case in Ohio at the time she made that statement. We’re 3 weeks removed from then, safe to say she was entirely wrong.

The problem is she arbitrarily chose the entire state of Ohio as the population. She could have just as easily stated 1% of the world’s population is infected using her logic. It is flat out dangerous to cite studies you don’t understand.

So you didnt bother reading the immediately following paragraph.

Good thing we have randos on sports forums to correct the experts.
Yeah I read it. Point still stands she makes a statement saying they have at least 1% of their population infected.

I guess I do know more than her. You can’t take micro information and then have a macro application by arbitrarily selecting your parameters. She not a statistics expert, she’s a health expert.

Mortality rate hanging around a little less than 2% still in the US. Lower in many states.

Actual % is certainly lower considering we have no idea how many Americans are infected but have no symptoms or only mild ones.

Alabama is at only 1.1% and we aren’t really even testing unless people are severely ill.

Unless you’re old or severely ill you’re not getting tested.

science and stuff - LOL

Astrophysicist hospitalized for getting four magnets stuck in his nose while making a coronavirus device

'So then he tried to use his remaining magnets to extract them, and ended up with all four in his nose.'

250px-GoldenAgeofWireless.jpg

more than 2x people recovered than died, and they are counting EVERYONE that dies with china flu as a death even though vast majority are dead cause of OTHER health issues.

Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center

gotta click on USA for American numbers

MSM NOT reporting recovered numbers since they have turned into positive news
uhhhh... if there werent considerably more recovering than dying we'd be in some serious shit lol

e34a0a2bf7af2788f51e611eedee9695.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back