Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leinhart, I would agree with you because he is a pure pocket passer, but Young is vastly more athletic than both. It is that athletic ability that would allow him to suceed at any school. I have no doubt that if he was at Vandy, Young would have led them to more than the 10-11 wins that Cutler did over 4 years.

I like Cutler alot. I think he will be a fine QB. I have seen him play as much as anyone. On TV and in person. I just personally believe that he is the clear cut #3 QB in a great QB class. Why do some feel like that is some kind of personal insult. If we, for some reason, take Cutler, I would be fine with that because the staff knows WAY more than we all do. Period.

I don't take it as an insult. I just don't think Vince Young would have been significantly more successful at Vandy than Cutler was.

VolnTitan said:
I have no doubt he would have been. His ability to run would have won more, imo.

Its definitly a valid opinion and I cant say you're not right. I can see him doing that as well. At the same time (forgive me I got this one from Mayock) there were several passes that Cutler made this year that VY might not have been able to make. At the same time I can see the argument that had VY been there he might not have needed to make those passes. *shrugs*

I don't take any of what you say as an insult. I like your posts. To me those three qbs are close enough that I cant tell who would be better. I agree with you to leave it to the professionals and, though I reserve the right to complain later (as any fan should), I cant blame the Titans for whoever they choose (qb or not).

:cool2:

Prag...

You are one of the more rational posters to come around. Enjoy your posts as well.

When I say that Young would do better it is because of my belief he has more physical tools available to him. He has shown he can win a game virtually by himself. With out him, no way does Texas beat USC. That is not to say that Cutler isn't good. Heck, I think Manning wouldn't have done as good as a job as Young if they played for Vandy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back