Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad we have Henry but when was the last time we saw a Marshall Faulk or LT type back?
Saquon Barkley is pretty close?

They are fools, trade him for a boatload

They probably will... but this hardline BS a that they are saying they will let him sit out the season is just that BS. The team should be taken away from the McNairs if they do that. If they let him sit they kill his value. They can get a huge haul for him right now.

The other effect is what free agent worth a damn wants to go there? What rookie wants to get drafted by them?

The Texans are a mess.

Past superbowl winners and their running backs
Buccs: Leonard fournette/ROJO
Chiefs: Washed Shady McCoy/Damien Williams
Patriots: James White/Rex Burkhead/Sony Michel
Eagles: Jay Ajayi/Blount/Smallwood
Patriots: Blount/Lewis/white
Broncos: Hillman/anderson
Seahawks: Lynch

One pro-bowl appearance across all those running backs seasons. Lots of those guys were free agent pickups too.

But tell me how much rb's matter lol ok

You are making an argument that none of those players mattered to the success of those teams? Really? Because they weren’t Pro Bowlers? Those players mattered whether they were pro bowlers or not. I never said anything about being a pro bowler. Complete straw man. I simply asked who would be the Steelers running and you said it didn’t matter. I dispute that. They do matter. Whether as pass catchers or straight runners. Lynch was extremely important to that Seahawks SB run, They don’t win it without him.

But you just gonna leave off teams that don’t fit your narrative I guess....

Rams 2018 Gurley, 1251 rushing, 580 receiving for 21 TDS. But he didn’t matter.

Falcons 2017 Freeman, 865 rushing, 317 receiving for 9 TDS, But he didn’t matter.

Panthers 2016 Stewart, 824 rushing, 9 TDS ... But he didn’t matter,

The list goes on and on. The Coaches of those teams you listed would tell you that those players mattered. You don’t need a pro bowler but you need players that fit your offensive scheme Whether it’s one guy or by committee all of those teams ran the ball and or used their RBs successfully.

Ok lol

You are making an argument that none of those players mattered to the success of those teams? Really? Because they weren’t Pro Bowlers? Those players mattered whether they were pro bowlers or not. I never said anything about being a pro bowler. Complete straw man. I simply asked who would be the Steelers running and you said it didn’t matter. I dispute that. They do matter. Whether as pass catchers or straight runners. Lynch was extremely important to that Seahawks SB run, They don’t win it without him.

Falcons 2017 Freeman, 865 rushing, 317 receiving for 9 TDS, But he didn’t matter.

The list goes on and on. The Coaches of those teams you listed would tell you that those players mattered. You don’t need a pro bowler but you need players that fit your offensive scheme Whether it’s one guy or by committee all of those teams ran the ball and or used their RBs successfully.

Ok lol
Lol yeah Stewart, Gurley, and Freeman really the backbones of successful teams. Rb's don't matter.

Ok lol
Top 5 leading rushers this year, their teams combined for 1 playoff win.

Top 10 leading rushers, combined for 2 playoff wins.

But keep telling yourself that Jonathon Stewart is proof that rb's matter.

Lol

Is conners gone?
Health is an issue but he’s effective when playing. That may be system though.
McFarland/Snell/Samuels committee is at least as good, and certainly cheaper than bringing back Conner. It's how the best teams do it. Paying a RB big money works out almost never. Henry may be the outlier for this, assuming he can produce at a top level for a couple more years.

I'm so glad we have Henry but when was the last time we saw a Marshall Faulk or LT type back?
Saquon Barkley is pretty close?
Yea... and the giants suck. #2 pick on RB is no bueno.

CMC - Panthers suck
Zeke - cowboys suck without Dak and cant afford him bc of Zeke
Gurley - rams and falcons sucked with him
Bell - jets sucked and moved on, chiefs got him cheap
Melvin - broncos suck
Dalvin - vikings miss playoffs, kinda suck
David Johnson- texans suck
Aaron Jones - will be signed by a bad organization

The best teams all either have a rookie workhorse, or a committee. Besides the titans...

Lol yeah Stewart, Gurley, and Freeman really the backbones of successful teams. Rb's don't matter.

You keep telling yourself that just any RB can work. The truth. That you just seem hell bent to ignore, is that they matter but not as much as they used to. But all of those backs you listed served a specific purpose in those offenses.

Blowing off Gurley makes you a ...well... I’m not going to name call. He had an MVP type season. He finished 2nd in the MVP voting that year. The Rams don’t make the SB without him. Dispute that... I dared it to be that stupid.

Running backs don’t serve the same purpose in today’s NFL. I get that . But having a good one or a few good ones does matter. You can’t just plug in anybody. That’s just crap.

Top 5 leading rushers this year, their teams combined for 1 playoff win.

Top 10 leading rushers, combined for 2 playoff wins.

But keep telling yourself that Jonathon Stewart is proof that rb's matter.

Lol

It’s not black or white. It’s gray. You don’t have to be a league leader or pro bowler ( which I never said ) but you can’t be Bishop Sankey either which is what you are trying to say.

lol

Last edited by a moderator:

One pro-bowl appearance across all those running backs seasons. Lots of those guys were free agent pickups too.

Yes. But all of those free agents are better than BENNY SNELL, and the availability of James Conner.

The running game certainly matters. Look at this past season. Top five rushing teams yielded four playoff teams. It’s similar most seasons. If a player improves your running game, it increases your chances of making the playoffs.

People keep forgetting about Jamal Lewis. That dude is one of the best RB's to play the game. He was crucial to the Ravens winning the SB.

Derrick Henry and Jamal Lewis are 1A, 1B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back