Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, they should and likely will pay Dak that. The mistake was signing zeke to a mega deal.
Your right zeke and probably demarcus Lawrence are overpaid however daks good he's not great. If it were me I'd be looking for a stop gap and grab 1 this year in the draft. Alex Smith or fitzpatrick on a 1 year with the rook shadowing. Think of the improvements to other positions savivng 40mil in the worst division in the nfl.

You keep telling yourself that just any RB can work. The truth. That you just seem hell bent to ignore, is that they matter but not as much as they used to. But all of those backs you listed served a specific purpose in those offenses.

Blowing off Gurley makes you a ...well... I’m not going to name call. He had an MVP type season. He finished 2nd in the MVP voting that year. The Rams don’t make the SB without him. Dispute that... I dared it to be that stupid.

Running backs don’t serve the same purpose in today’s NFL. I get that . But having a good one or a few good ones does matter. You can’t just plug in anybody. That’s just crap.
Another team to add, the fucking Cleveland browns just made the playoffs with a qb whose arguably isn't even in the top 15 in the league. What did they have on offense 2 rbs that could start individually on most teams.

Your right zeke and probably demarcus Lawrence are overpaid however daks good he's not great. If it were me I'd be looking for a stop gap and grab 1 this year in the draft. Alex Smith or fitzpatrick on a 1 year with the rook shadowing. Think of the improvements to other positions savivng 40mil in the worst division in the nfl.
Dak is a top 10 QB in the league, maybe top 5 considering his age. The cowboys offense was great with him and abysmal without him. I think it would be a mistake to not bring him back unless they are getting Watson or Russ. QBs like Dak dont become available very often.

Dak is a top 10 QB in the league, maybe top 5 considering his age. The cowboys offense was great with him and abysmal without him. I think it would be a mistake to not bring him back unless they are getting Watson or Russ. QBs like Dak dont become available very often.
5 games he was in last year 9tds 4 ints. They'd only won 2 games with him in. They were gonna be shit with him or Dalton. What's the point of your qb getting 400 - 500 yards if your team still can't win.

Save your money, fix the rest of team and get a serviceable qb.

5 games he was in last year 9tds 4 ints. They'd only won 2 games with him in. They were gonna be **** with him or Dalton. What's the point of your qb getting 400 - 500 yards if your team still can't win.

The same could be said for Watson

Started 0-5
9 TDs 5 INT

5 games he was in last year 9tds 4 ints. They'd only won 2 games with him in. They were gonna be **** with him or Dalton. What's the point of your qb getting 400 - 500 yards if your team still can't win.

W/L is not entirely on the QB. Dak did his job very well up to his injury. The Dallas team sucked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to slander Dak is ludicrous. He's undoubtedly top 10, probably closer to top 5 qb right now. You pay the man what he wants.

Their defense was a dumpster fire

The running game certainly matters. Look at this past season. Top five rushing teams yielded four playoff teams. It’s similar most seasons. If a player improves your running game, it increases your chances of making the playoffs.
Running game does. Running back doesn't. There are very few exceptions to this, Henry being one of them.

Yep, and I said the offense was good with Dak, not the whole team.

Dak is good but he’s not top 5. That Cowboys offense started putting up stats after they were down multiple TD’s. That offense is very deceiving. They put some crazy yards but it wasn’t like they were doing it all game. Very inconsistent.

Side note I heard some bozo on ESPN say “imagine what Dak would do with better weapons around him.” How do people like that get on ESPN? Cowboys might have the best offensive supporting cast in the NFL.

Dak is good but he’s not top 5. That Cowboys offense started putting up stats after they were down multiple TD’s. That offense is very deceiving. They put some crazy yards but it wasn’t like they were doing it all game. Very inconsistent.

Side note I heard some bozo on ESPN say “imagine what Dak would do with better weapons around him.” How do people like that get on ESPN? Cowboys might have the best offensive supporting cast in the NFL.
Haha yea that's crazy. He might have the best offensive weapons in the league. The real question is, what would he do with MVS, John Brown, willie snead, old larry fitz or guys like this that some other top tier QBs have as their number 2 WR. Or without a top tier RB.

He's got Amari, Lamb, Gallup, Zeke, Pollard, Jarwin. No excuses on supporting cast.

Yeah I don't think Dak is anywhere close top 5 currently. Top 5 under 30 for sure though. But he's a franchise QB nonetheless and Dallas needs to pay the man unless they plan on rebuilding.

Haha yea that's crazy. He might have the best offensive weapons in the league. The real question is, what would he do with MVS, John Brown, willie snead, old larry fitz or guys like this that some other top tier QBs have as their number 2 WR. Or without a top tier RB.

He's got Amari, Lamb, Gallup, Zeke, Pollard, Jarwin. No excuses on supporting cast.

Not even mentioning his OL....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back