Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tannehill is not getting traded lol. He will play this season out, likely be benched at some point. Then cut in the off-season. I dont see it going any other way

Tannehill is not getting traded lol. He will play this season out, likely be benched at some point. Then cut in the off-season. I dont see it going any other way
Pretty sure this was the plan in motion 2 years ago. the only new info THill really added was the possibility of him not even playing the season out.

Suggested trade targets for the Jets... although it says Downing being there would be a plus?

RYAN TANNEHILL

Tennessee Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill had a rough outing in Week 1, throwing three interceptions in a one-point loss to the New Orleans Saints. Despite that performance, Tannehill is an above-average starting quarterback. He may be the Jets’ best, most realistic target.

Tannehill is in a fate-deciding contract season and the Titans have two young quarterbacks, Malik Willis, and Will Levis, behind him. If the Titans fall out of the AFC South division race, they’ll be interested in evaluating Willis and/or Levis before entering the 2024 NFL Draft. That could make Tannehill expendable at the trade deadline.

There’s also a sense of familiarity. Jets passing game coordinator Todd Downing and run game coordinator/offensive line coach Keith Carter worked with Tannehill in Tennessee last season. Tannehill knows this Jets offense and could help them execute it better than Wilson can.

I don't think it'll happen for many of the reasons already stated in this thread, but Tannehill WAS mentioned quite a bit as a 'plan B' option if the Jets had failed to secure Aaron Rodgers - like THIS article from back in March - and it ALSO mentions the prior relationship with Tdd Dwning.

What’s the Jets’ Plan B if the Aaron Rodgers trade falls through?

Trade for Ryan Tannehill or Matthew Stafford
Either of these quarterbacks would be a solid backup plan. Neither Ryan Tannehill nor Matthew Stafford is on the same level as Rodgers, but both have tons of experience and a proven track record. Tannehill worked with Jets passing game coordinator Todd Downing with the Tennesee Titans from 2019-2022 and Stafford won a Super Bowl in the Sean McVay offense with the Los Angeles Rams in the 2021 season.

Money would be an issue for both, though. Tannehill’s contract comes with a $27 million base salary in 2023, per Over the Cap, while the Rams couldn’t trade Stafford until after June 1 after $57 million of his salary became guaranteed on March 16. Less than what Rodgers would cost, but the skillset is also less, too.

I don't think it'll happen for many of the reasons already stated in this thread, but Tannehill WAS mentioned quite a bit as a 'plan B' option if the Jets had failed to secure Aaron Rodgers - like THIS article from back in March - and it ALSO mentions the prior relationship with Tdd Dwning.

What’s the Jets’ Plan B if the Aaron Rodgers trade falls through?

Trade for Ryan Tannehill or Matthew Stafford
Either of these quarterbacks would be a solid backup plan. Neither Ryan Tannehill nor Matthew Stafford is on the same level as Rodgers, but both have tons of experience and a proven track record. Tannehill worked with Jets passing game coordinator Todd Downing with the Tennesee Titans from 2019-2022 and Stafford won a Super Bowl in the Sean McVay offense with the Los Angeles Rams in the 2021 season.

Money would be an issue for both, though. Tannehill’s contract comes with a $27 million base salary in 2023, per Over the Cap, while the Rams couldn’t trade Stafford until after June 1 after $57 million of his salary became guaranteed on March 16. Less than what Rodgers would cost, but the skillset is also less, too.
I don't hate this at all, would prefer he play a good game or two first to bump up his trade value.

What could we realistically get for him? I'd want at least two picks, preferably at least one of them being a day two pick.

I am thinking that the Jets may be far enough out of it by the trade deadline to not bother with trading for a QB.
The Jets D will keep them competitive all year long. While I didn’t think they would make playoffs anyway, I still see them mathematically staying alive until week 14-15 at least.
Big W over division rival Buffalo, argued as likely division winner, keeps them alive longer.

The Jets D will keep them competitive all year long. While I didn’t think they would make playoffs anyway, I still see them mathematically staying alive until week 14-15 at least.
Big W over division rival Buffalo, argued as likely division winner, keeps them alive longer.
Same reason why we will be in it all year. Our D will keep us in it. Tammy needs to cut the Int chit out, and give the damn ball to Henry and keep him out there more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back