Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand but they both played well, why not keep them to save looking elsewhere? Foreman signed for 2 mil... Hilliard would be cheaper. The thing with Foreman probably is a chance to start.
Have no idea why JRob didn’t target foreman or Hilliard (it seems) to return as a FA, they are in the same position as every other FA. There could be tons of reasons we won’t know about why neither of them specifically were targeted out of the total FA RB list.

we need to remember that it’s not like those guys were released, they just hit FA like every other FA. Being on the team last year doesn’t necessarily mean they’re a favorite to sign as FA.

I wouldn’t say buried, I’d say replaced by. Howard was there first and was unimpressive enough for TB to sign 2 different guys that jumped him on the depth charts.
I still don’t get the love for Howard in general. He was super hyped during his draft, he has done nothing since. At what point does the hype finally just get recognized as bust?

If he was drafted by the Titans he would have been labeled a bust after the first game.

This guy isn't coming here to run the ball, this means Chester is gone and we need a returner.

That said, with all the love everyone has for Foreman, he's not wroth $2M. Just like Foreman was a bust until we signed him, we don't know if Cannon can run or not. Let's all settle down. A back up running back is easily replaceable for less than $1M. Trust the team that brought Foreman and Hilliard in the first place, to let them walk away.
Cannon has 740 return yards over 4 seasons...if we're looking for a returner get a good returner not just someone who has returned during his career

Jakeem Grant was available

Cannon has 740 return yards over 4 seasons...if we're looking for a returner get a good returner not just someone who has returned during his career

Jakeem Grant was available
I don't think total yards matters. That just means one player may have been in the league longer. Either way, it doesn't matter. Maybe we offered Grant. Maybe he got signed for more than we were willing to pay. It's irrelevant. Cannon's purpose is special teams. He also had 9 tackles last year and 6 the year before. I bet those were coverage tackles. Grant doesn't do that.

Don't forget we can still get McNichols back. For everyone throwing a fit about Foreman...

We signed no-name McNichols, it was a good fit.
We signed small-name/bust Foreman, it was a good fit.
We signed no-name Hilliard, it was a good fit.
We signed HOF Peterson, terrible... but worth a shot and cut the chord quick.
We signed Foreman AGAIN, it was a good fit.

We'll be fine. I really hope we don't even draft one. $2M is too much for someone who should MAYBE get 4 carries per game. RB 2 should be someone who can complement Henry, not replace. A 3rd down back. Foreman isn't that, he also doesn't add value in ST. Oh well. Too bad. Not sad.

Don't forget we can still get McNichols back. For everyone throwing a fit about Foreman...

We signed no-name McNichols, it was a good fit.
We signed small-name/bust Foreman, it was a good fit.
We signed no-name Hilliard, it was a good fit.
We signed HOF Peterson, terrible... but worth a shot and cut the chord quick.
We signed Foreman AGAIN, it was a good fit.

We'll be fine. I really hope we don't even draft one. $2M is too much for someone who should MAYBE get 4 carries per game. RB 2 should be someone who can complement Henry, not replace. A 3rd down back. Foreman isn't that, he also doesn't add value in ST. Oh well. Too bad. Not sad.
We can't just keep running henry into the ground forever, it already cost him half a season last year. For everyone's sake we need a good spell to henry but we just let one walk out the door.

We can't just keep running henry into the ground forever, it already cost him half a season last year. For everyone's sake we need a good spell to henry but we just let one walk out the door.

From an earlier article...

Henry ran 219 times in the first eight weeks of the season, which put him on pace for a career high after carrying the ball 681 times over the previous two seasons

Vrabel said on Monday that he “didn’t get that sense from any doctor” that wear and tear from that workload was a cause of the injury, which suggests the Titans will continue to feature Henry as the centerpiece of their offense once they get back to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back