Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fins have Tua on a rookie deal counting less than 10mil a yr and their starting rb counts 2 mil against the cap …so the Fins are paying 12 mil for qb and RB while Titans cap hit is 48mil between Tanny and Henry…

depends on your priorities and the Titans are a run first and defense team

It's not sustainable. It's go all-in short term then bust. Look at the Rams now. McVay already said he might retire once this core group leaves. He knows the Rams will blow up and will take 5+ years to rebuild.

That said, if it gets you a ring then its worth it. Fans here love to complain and criticize, but paying big money to Safford, Clowney, Dupree, and trading for Julio was JRob taking a shot. Even trading for, testing, and eventually paying Tannehill was part of that shot. People want to bitch about Tanny's cap hit, well that is a result of doing exactly what the Rams and Dolphins are doing. Everyone was happy to sign him. The restructure for his current hit was to pay Dupree, Landry, and Julio.

It just didn't work out in the end. it happens. What's the outcome look like if AJ Brown and Henry are healthy all year? What if the OL and Secondary aren't swiss cheese?

Grab him. He’s better than anything we’ve got backing up tanny and maybe even better than tanny
At the very least it will change things up a little. Tanny gonna be 35 next year time to put plans into place to dump him. Willis isn't ready he's gonna need at least another 2 years than we will see where he is at.

Grab him. He’s better than anything we’ve got backing up tanny and maybe even better than tanny
I can’t recall exactly, but I thought I saw the current cap space at like $40k.

that’s not enough for some PS guys.

in general I agree though, THill is gonna continue taking beatings, might want more than Willis back there if the intention is to make a run this year which has to be the case.

I can’t recall exactly, but I thought I saw the current cap space at like $40k.

that’s not enough for some PS guys.

in general I agree though, THill is gonna continue taking beatings, might want more than Willis back there if the intention is to make a run this year which has to be the case.

It's hard to estimate, but that sounds about right.

There are some easy contracts to move though. Dumping Lewan and Woods will generate a ton of money with little-to-no dead cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back