Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last 2 posts are the big reasons why I'd take several guys before Brick. The other is a deep draft at that position (if we could set ourselves up to get a good one later...and if we even need to : Roos).

I don't know if Roos is what you'd call a "dominating" run blocker either. I'd take a Colledge or McNeill type in that capacity. Two twinkle toes OTs...?

Brickashaw is pure muscle right now at just under 300 lbs. He has plenty of room to add weight and become a dominant run blocker. He has already shown he is capable by adding 15 lbs since the end of his season.

So let's explore some possibilites. If Cutler continues to rise, and more importantly than the top 10, let's say he goes top 7 - btw, whoever said the Raiders (BiPolar) aren't QB hungry, don't be surprised if they draft Cutler at #6 or trade up. If Moss wasn't on the team already, I could see Davis going for Culpepper, so in my mind, they're a possibility. SF could use the Brick, no question, and GB could be tempted - I've heard rumors (not in a while) that they could take another QB even though they just drafted Rodgers.

1) Houston - Reggie Bush; Vince Young b/up
2) New Orleans - Jay Cutler (enough people convinced he's better than Leinart); VY b/up
3) Titans - trade out; Raiders take Young. Titans get #6, #38 and whatever else your imagination desires.
4) Jets - Leinart; consider LenDale White, D Williams
5) Green Bay - DeAngelo Williams; considered White, AJ Hawk
6) Titans take Ferguson

Titans could probably trade all the way back to #7 and have a chance at getting either a QB or Ferguson, IMO.

I can see Leinart falling or Cutler not rising. Detroit and Arizona could want a QB, so I wouldn't think going below 7 is very feasible.

Of course on the flip side, Kubiak could become convinced of what we all know, Ferguson is the Texans' best bet. If they forego a trade, they could take him at #1.

Then we're in a jam I'd say. QB or Bush? Doubt NO takes Bush, but it would make things a little easier

Also, our position would instantly lose a little value I'd say, unless Bush fell to us and someone wanted him. There would be two QBs for us to choose between.

What if it were Leinart and Bush? All eyes on Chow?

I think if the Texans end up taking the Brick at number 1 (more possible than some think), NO, with their cap trouble, would probably trade out to the best offer available. So unless someone trades up for Young or Leinart, I don't think Bush can possibly land in our lap.

BC DE dinged... According to the Scout.com folks reporting on the Fox Sports site, Boston College DE Mathias Kiwanuka is questionable for Saturday's game after he was forced to leave the field Wednesday after going down with a shoulder injury. While Kiwanuka did come back and finish the session, he was held out of Thursday workout and will undergo X-rays to determine if there is possible ligament damage to his shoulder. If the X-rays are negative, Kiwanuka will play on Saturday; otherwise, he will not.

Looks like the Brick beat poor Kiwi up.

Not sure about that. New Orleans needs a QB desperately. I think unless Houston takes Bush #1, or someone trades up to get him, which will be extremely steep, I think the likelihood grows that Bush ends up in our lap. If he goes past #1, it's a huge possibility.

Wonder what the comments will be, looking from outside the organization, if we take Bush. Will it be the same as with the Texans who should take Ferguson? I mean, with Hopkins' retirement closing in, we could use him, sure, and with McNair's, a QB. People's first reaction will be - 3 starting RBs on that roster?

Oh but the O will be explOsive! (couldn't resist that)

I'm curious. Do people think D'Brickashaw is an upgrade immediately over Hopkins? Or would that point where he surpasses him come later?

That could be a poll in and of itself, but I'll leave it under this thread.

If he were an immediate upgrade, I'd give him a little more consideration. As it stands now, I have him #4 on my board, giving Leinart the BOD. Matty boy could be THE QB pick for us after all, you never know. But if having D'Brickashaw helps McNair play better now, then that's worthy of a "hmmm...".

Well, it probably won't be Brooks for much longer. McCallister, I'd say. Heard Benson was notoriously budget-minded, being nice.

Aren't the Jets in the most trouble near the top?

Cap withstanding even, if I were NO and Bush fell to me at number 2 I would be looking to drop down a few spots and pick up another pick. They will end up paying less, still probably get a possible franchise QB and have another pick or two to boot.

GLinks said:
Well, it probably won't be Brooks for much longer. McCallister, I'd say. Heard Benson was notoriously budget-minded, being nice.

Aren't the Jets in the most trouble near the top?

upon further review :brow: I can't see how the Saints are in cap trouble and the Colts are not (just as an example).

Benson is a scrooge and the Jets are near the top with Oakland (and who do they pay outside of Randy Moss)

GLinks,
I may be on my own, but I'd gladly take brick starting over hopkins next season. I'm hoping we cut hopkins whether or not we take brick. He was offsides all the damn time, and besides the first colts game, I don't remember any time where he really had a solid game. He might still be better than many of the other OTs in the draft, but I think brick would be a straight up improvement by week 1.

Titans2008 said:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2006/mock2006.html

At first I was happy that someone finally had him coming to us but then I saw the rest of their mock... namely DeAngelo at 17 and I started crying again.

3) Tennessee Titans D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia
Billy Volek has done well when called upon behind McNair, and Vince Young is not the best fit for a Norm Chow offense.

that was well put, he's right
as electric as Young is (can be) he might not fit the scheme
under Dinger he might have

Puck said:
3)........not the best fit for a Norm Chow offense......as electric as Young is (can be) he might not fit the scheme
under Dinger he might have

ummmm, Volek is the same way. Volek fit Dinger's scheme, that's why he had the success he did. Under Chow, Volek hasn't shown anything. So, that comment to me is rubbish. You pass on Vince and Leinhart, who's left? Cutler will be gone and then who? Whitehurst, Hackney, Jacobs? No thank you. If the Titans pass on the two top signal callers then this franchise is in deep ****. Your not always going to find a Brady in the later rounds.....

Also, in reply to this thread, I could see us taking the Brick if we were in the 4th and 5th slot and Vince and Leinhart weren't there. When we took Hoppy, there weren't any top signal callers, so the decision was easy: take your franchise LT and then get your QB later. So the question is, "Do you take your franchise QB or a possible franchise LT?". The QB pick is much more sexier and if we turn this next season around, it would ease the fanbase of knowing the post-McNair era is already cleared up. On the other hand, Brick could possibly help us out right away, but then we don't have a QB to replace McNair and I'll be damned if I pay money to watch Volek do his damned Drew Bledsoe impression. "Get a QB next year"...ok who? Brady Quinn won't "hopefully" be in our reach next year.(I say hopefully, because I hope we turn this around next year.) So who's left? I don't know guys, the Brick doesn't seem so "safe" to me as many make him out to be. We need to improve the running game and from what it sounds like, that's not his forte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back