Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yip me neither. Coaches at his level need to show a high standard to players, almost role model like. Vrabs always says he holds high standards to everyone in the building. If this was a 2nd or 3rd stringer he'd be out the building. Not happy about it.
Couldn't agree more with this. Never has there been a more golden opportunity to get rid of Downing than the present. Aside from his inability to call a complete offensive game (for every game except one), this shouldn't be swept under the rug and left for the NFL to deal with. Kind of cowardly on Vrabel's part if you ask me. And the "it's the middle of the season" argument...we have Kelly already in place. He could take over for the remainder if needed.

So I have been on the fire Downing wagon for some time now. However I try to look at this from the professional vs personal perspective. I have no clue if this has been a prior issue for him off or on the job. I do imagine all the media and fan noise around his performance and job had to be weighing on him. I know they hear it even if they don’t acknowledge it. They way Downing was acting on the sidelines it was clear this was a statement game to his critics…he and those around him were acting like it was a playoff game.

I trust Vrabel and the team to review and address it…however my biggest concern is where he got the alcohol. They dont exactly take time to celebrate before getting on the plane for home after the games.

So I have been on the fire Downing wagon for some time now. However I try to look at this from the professional vs personal perspective. I have no clue if this has been a prior issue for him off or on the job. I do imagine all the media and fan noise around his performance and job had to be weighing on him. I know they hear it even if they don’t acknowledge it. They way Downing was acting on the sidelines it was clear this was a statement game to his critics…he and those around him were acting like it was a playoff game.

I trust Vrabel and the team to review and address it…however my biggest concern is where he got the alcohol. They dont exactly take time to celebrate before getting on the plane for home after the games.
He should be fired on his piss poor playcalling alone never mind a DUI
I'm assuming he was drinking on the plane not before the flight

Embarrassing, cowardly and gutless that the team didn't do anything to punish Downing. For a team that preaches culture, that's a whack double standard.

mularkey fired himself same with munchak... problem with munchak hire was 2 points IMO

first it was super late in the hiring cycle and he literally had nobody credible as his staff... that OC was from some league not even XFL IIRC and then munchak doubled down on the losers by NOT firing them when he could have earlier in the process ... and another point munchak literally hired his buddies as staff his final year... remember that LB coach whose resume was topped off as a High School HC ... I mean dude you not even trying anymore

Downing hasn't already plead guilty in court? Traffic crimes are usually processed quickly. The Titans are letting the process work. If they were smart (from a standpoint that THEY love him) they would go ahead and suspend him. NFL would say "time served".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back