Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm one of Downing's biggest critics, but I never would wish him to get a DUI, much less think to threaten the guy.

I didn't like his calls as an OC until the GB game, and was ready to eat some crow and woke up to this shitshow.

The NFL is withholding judgment until the legal process plays out, so if he's smart Downing will cop a plea to a lesser (just as expensive) charge. I don't see him getting fired over this, but I think it's unfortunate timing for him to finally call a good game and get a DUI. It's not a good look.

Todd Downing also touched my no no square. I want 2 million non-taxable, or I will press charges and go public with the information and he'll never work in sports again....

This death threat thing is hilarious! Guarantee he’s drinking because somebody referred to him as “ass hair” and then followed it with “Downing syndrome “. I’ve solved this puzzle gentlemen! Carry on.

Ass hair was hilarious!

I gotta say tho, I almost feel sorry for him. He can't seem to get out of his own way.
Yeah, I mean I’d feel pretty real bad if it was my record! Ass hair is most definitely staying here on GoTits if I have anything to do with it. Total KEEPS!

This goes up there with some of the worst excuses ever.

-There was Tatis who claimed his doping was the result of treating Ringworm.
-Van der Poel denied his drug use saying had consumed too much of his father-in-law's pigeon pie that consisted of former racing pigeons which had been doped with the poison.
-Clemens threw a broken bat at Piazza but told security he thought he was picking up the ball and throwing it at him.
-Brian Cushing blamed his steroid use on a condition that does not exist, Overstrained Athlete Syndrome.
-Kobe asked the police to release him on rape charges, claiming that Shaq cheats on his wife too so they should let him go.
-LaShawn Merrit said he was caught with PEDS because he was taking drugs to enlarge his penis.
-Just Gaitlin claimed a massage therapist applied the PEDS during the happy ending.
-Tyler Hamilton blamed his doping on red blood cells belonged to his never-born twin and not him.

And then there is Downing.

Yip me neither. Coaches at his level need to show a high standard to players, almost role model like. Vrabs always says he holds high standards to everyone in the building. If this was a 2nd or 3rd stringer he'd be out the building. Not happy about it.
What gets me is Vrabel is actually admitting it won’t take much to fire him so what kind of example is that setting for the team to act like it’s no big deal, can go either way. I’d rather go ahead and make the move and give the offense time to adjust to the new coordinator instead of waiting last second. Also couldn’t be good for the confidence of Downing or the offense as a whole knowing the man in charge could get the axe at any moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vrabel is Downing calls a good game against the Bungles:
Everyone makes mistakes, everyone deserves second chances
Vrabel if Downing suck up play calling v Bungles:
Downing is a drunk, he is out and Kelly is in.

What gets me is Vrabel is actually admitting it won’t take much to fire him so what kind of example is that setting for the team to act like it’s no big deal, can go either way. I’d rather go ahead and make the move and give the offense time to adjust to the new coordinator instead of waiting last second. Also couldn’t be good for the confidence of Downing or the offense as a whole knowing the man in charge could get the axe at any moment.
I bonded 2 items

First “I’d”. We know, we all know what you would do in this situation. Everyone is also VERY VERY aware that if given the opportunity, it would have never gotten to this point with Downing.
I’d venture to think, just maybe, Vrabel sees Downing differently than you do (have, will always see, etc)

Second, I think Downing lost confidence the absolute moment he got pulled over. No question, he knew he was F’d before getting the ticket/arrested/whatever happened. Him still having a job might have even built a little of that confidence back knowing Vrabel is going to stand by him. Not that I agree with Vrabel’s decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back