Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Go Titans fam.
Some of you may know that I'm currently deployed on a ship in the middle of no where and won't be returning for a few months. The ship leaves tons of time to think and reflect on just about everything. This particular deployment, an idea struck me. I've talked about my post Navy career and finding a way to get on the radio somehow as kind of a dream job but in the mean time, I am starting to write scripts for a podcast I'm going to start recording after I return home.
The show title is "the dumb things I've argued and vague rules to live by"

About me personally, I have argued many, many stupid things. Not politically, or racially, or any of that (well I have but that's not what I'm talking about) but the everyday things we all go through.
A couple examples:
-I spent multiple days, specifically 1 entirely wasted work day, arguing whether Red (cherry) Mountain Dew was better than Regular Mountain Dew and that at a minimum, it should be as readily available wherever you go.
-Another day wasted was spent arguing why Chik-Fila-A as a business model is so much better than McDonalds. Realistically, I'm referring to the stateside establishments, not globally.

Most revolve around sports. Being a Titans fan, I argue them a lot too.

BUT the point of this thread is that I'm asking for some assistance and some ideas. I have enough material for probably 30-40 half hour episodes.
I'd like to see if any of you have any suggestions for topics or even dumb arguments you've had yourself that I may be able to use. If you want, I would give credit for the idea on that episode.

Mind you, I'm trying to avoid politics and the "hot button" topics that dominate the news. Everyone has those arguments. I'm looking for the odd things that truly have no reason to ever be debated.

Thanks. I'm sure this thread will go well.

I never liked Seinfeld or Friends

I understand Friends, but Seinfeld? Really? neither?

tenor.gif

Chik-fila-A is a better model... MUCH simpler menu, less ingredients.

Kind of like Raising Canes... they serve chicken fingers, fries, garlic toast and drinks. I don't even think they have any dip except their "special sauce".

Seinfeld v Friends
Diesel v gasoline
Countries that start with "A" tend to have a lot of hot women
Friends vs. Seinfeld is a good one. I know where I stand and plenty of people will argue this.
I will actually have to do research for Diesel v gas. I know, very un-manly of me, but I really don't know jack about cars yet alone why gas or diesel is better than the other. That said, there's an unwritten rule in the Navy about making Chief, that when you do, you must go buy a pickup truck. It's weird, I don't get it and it took about 4 years for me to get a small, older pickup.

Countries with A and their hot women. I will do extensive research on the matter. I may even write something about it later, but first, in depth research to confirm this.

I understand Friends, but Seinfeld? Really? neither?

tenor.gif
I'm certain I can get a King of the Hill vs Beavis and Butthead or vs something else going too. I may just compare the evening cable TV cartoons like Simpsons, KOTH, and others.
I do already have a Futurama vs Family Guy episode which was a large argument of mine back in maybe 2006/7 time frame. Family guy had already been canx and Futurama Canx twice and Cartoon Network: Adult Swim reaped the major rewards.

Chik-fila-A is a better model... MUCH simpler menu, less ingredients.

Kind of like Raising Canes... they serve chicken fingers, fries, garlic toast and drinks. I don't even think they have any dip except their "special sauce".
I can break down the Chik-Fil-A to McD way more than just menu and food. Just consider the general appearance of just about every McD you've walked into, now the same for Chik-Fil-A. Not even close.

While I wasted an entire day arguing this point, I was very unaware of McDonalds no longer giving a crap about their food and realistically playing the real-estate game. And for counter-point sake, one of these two franchises has multiple movies based off them, one does not.

Friends vs. Seinfeld is a good one. I know where I stand and plenty of people will argue this.
I will actually have to do research for Diesel v gas. I know, very un-manly of me, but I really don't know jack about cars yet alone why gas or diesel is better than the other. That said, there's an unwritten rule in the Navy about making Chief, that when you do, you must go buy a pickup truck. It's weird, I don't get it and it took about 4 years for me to get a small, older pickup.

Countries with A and their hot women. I will do extensive research on the matter. I may even write something about it later, but first, in depth research to confirm this.

Last part is the fun one. Albania, Azerbaijan, Afghanistan, Armenia

30 days in prison vs 11/29 in jail

fat chicks should NEVER get tattoos

fresh vs pickled jalapenos

why did God make ticks

Fjord vs Fieri

30 days in prison vs 11/29 in jail

fat chicks should NEVER get tattoos

fresh vs pickled jalapenos

why did God make ticks

Fjord vs Fieri
Thank you and I have some research now.
I don't know how much argument there is for the fat chicks and tattoos but if nothing else, that certainly is a vague rule to live by which is the other half of my show title.

Chic-fil-A wouldn’t be nearly as successful if it wasn’t for the religious aspect.

With that being said, I’d choose them over several establishments simply because of how well they treat you and their employees.

Chic-fil-A wouldn’t be nearly as successful if it wasn’t for the religious aspect.

With that being said, I’d choose them over several establishments simply because of how well they treat you and their employees.
Strongly disagree that the religious aspect is why Chik-fil-a is so successful. I wouldn't know for sure as a smaller company but by the time they were national it is above and beyond because of their service and food. I'm not even all that high on their chicken sandwiches (a chicken sandwich is a chicken sandwich as far as I'm concerned) but because they are polite, have the cleanest restaurants, are fast, and generally seem to care about the atmosphere and appearance of the restaurants.
McDonalds on the flip side is the dirtiest and least caring service of any restaurant in existence. At least stateside.

Best trilogy’s

Star Wars
Jurassic Park
LotR
Indiana Jones
Godfather
That's a great argument point. I like this one with the exception of not taking the time to watch the godfather trilogy. I also like that Indiana Jones is only a trilogy vice acknowledging that last pile. Really same with Star Wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back