Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Early reports say he ran a 4.57 40 and chose not to jump. I will update as soon as more is available, feel free to do the same.

Gil Brandt is there and said he ran a 4.57. NFL Radio host ask if that was dissappointing and Brandt said that it wasn't because it was a slow track. Plus his ability in running situations isn't in question at all.

Got this from a Houston Website

"Lance Zierline from Houston radio says VY looked amazing. Absolute precision on deep balls (50-55 yards) completing 2/3, with one dropped. He said he looked NFL average on deep crossing routes and 20 yard comebacks. But said they didn't duck any type of route. Says this should ease concerns about throwing routes. Throwing motion looked good; not dipping down or sidearm, as some claim. Footwork, throwing motion and accuracy were impressive. "

idrockfan said:
Got this from a Houston Website

"Lance Zierline from Houston radio says VY looked amazing. Absolute precision on deep balls (50-55 yards) completing 2/3, with one dropped. He said he looked NFL average on deep crossing routes and 20 yard comebacks. But said they didn't duck any type of route. Says this should ease concerns about throwing routes. Throwing motion looked good; not dipping down or sidearm, as some claim. Footwork, throwing motion and accuracy were impressive. "
link???

I likes me some Vince
the one thing he may not possess in strength or read/react
he makes up for with a ridiculously high completion %

Vince Young will be a Titan (if they draft him) :wink2:

VInceBlueSig.jpg

As usual TitanJeff you stay on top of things... thanks for the link.

" The main event started at 3:15 p.m. -- Young throwing. He started off 7 out of 7. In all, he had a 40-minute workout in which he threw from under center as opposed to out of the shotgun. It gave team personnel an opportunity to evaluate him that way since he worked out of the shotgun predominantly at Texas. He impressed everyone with his arm strength, quick delivery and accuracy. Young made great strides today."

Well I know people are going to bash because of my choice of QB in this draft. But I'm hearing that it was a very unspectacular outing by VY. According to Scout.com he ran between 4.59 and 4.61 and apparently he only attempted one deep ball (unknown if it was good or not). Aside from that he apparently was working with slow receivers which might have hampered him a bit, as the timing was reportedly not the best.

Edit: Maybe I should state that this is what I'm told Scout.com is writing, since I don't have access myself.

I said a few weeks back that the media who tore down Young will rebuild him back up after his Pro Day. It'll be interesting watching how this gets reported in the papers.

Alleged Salisbury report from hornfans.com
-You would have thought it was Rose Bowl media day with all of the media present. I've never seen that many people at a workout. Huff was there of course, but most everyone was there to see Young.
-I've never seen a college football QB throw with that kind of zip. It was bordering on unbelieveable. He threw everything and had great touch.
-The ball hit the ground 5 times out of 54 passes. Two overthrows and three drops.
-I gave him an A- just because I would like to see him run a bit faster.
-You will have scouts down his mechanics tomorrow. Don't change him. He is a playmaker.
-When his arm comes to maturity, it will be unbelievable.
-His footwork was really good, but then again there was no pass rush.
-He will likely go in the top 5.
-When he scrambles to his left, he forces his body into the correct throwing position.
-Watching him his incompletions will be over-thrown.
-I'm not trying to make to big a deal out of it, but you have to call what is impressive, impressive.
-The ball just jumps off of his hand. I didn't expect him to be that accurate. He really impressed me.
-Texans Coach Gary Kubiak had one word after the workout "Excellent". He said to me "I wish we could have played with that kind of ability"
-Saban, McCarthy ad Kubiak were there. There were some Cowboy scouts there.
-If he doesn't get picked in the top 5, some teams are stupid. If you saw this workout today, and you like Leinart more, you better wait to see Leinart again on his pro day.

Not that I consider Salisbury a great source, but an objective one at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back