Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really hope he gets in!!!! George and McNair helped turn this franchise around in so many ways. Wished his season in Dallas could have been more productive to help with his stats to get in.

from that video.. "george became the only back in history to run for 300 carries in each of his first 5 seasons"

but we rode Henry too hard

lol ok

Henry was averaging just over 27 carries per game...isn't that normal for a lead back? Granted it would have been good to see Evans get some work but he's soft

Great news for EG. Hope he gets there. Not only do the titans have none (mawae or Matthews closest) but EG reached the 10K mark before that stretch of other RB started dominating the league, Tomlinson, gore, etc.

The days of Eddie George, Earl Campbell, Bruce Matthews, and Brett Favre are over look at our team people are not tough anymore its a Vag world!

Do you blame them ? Obviously we all hate it.
No I don't blame them, if my employer said we are going to pay you 100 million over the next 5 years I'd take it!

They want the $ when they play well but won't give it back when they suck lol

But we keep going to the games, buying their jerseys.

from that video.. "george became the only back in history to run for 300 carries in each of his first 5 seasons"

but we rode Henry too hard

lol ok

He fell of after that point though. His 5th season was his career high in carries, with 403, carreer high in yards, and TDs. He was still ok after that season, but not really the same back after that year.

Hall of the Pretty Real Good

I agree. Very good player, but I dont think he is a Hall of Famer. If they had pulled out the SB I think he and Steve's HOF case would be a lot stronger, but I think they are both more Hall of very good rather than HOF.

Eddie was just not good enough, elite enough to be in that class. There are several backs with similar careers who are not there and should also not be there.

A career 3.6 yards a carry is not elite!

How is being 28th in career rushing yards good enough for the HOF? Note that Marshawn Lynch is 29th right behind him and people could argue he is more deserving.

If Eddie deserves to be in than Jamal Lewis, Corey Dillon and Ricky Watters, Tiki Barber, Thomas Jones, Steven Jackson deserve to be in.

Steven Jackson a similar type player had a thousand more career yards and averaged a half yard a carry more.

How is being 28th in career rushing yards good enough for the HOF? Note that Marshawn Lynch is 29th right behind him and people could argue he is more deserving.

If Eddie deserves to be in than Jamal Lewis, Corey Dillon and Ricky Watters, Tiki Barber, Thomas Jones, Steven Jackson deserve to be in.

Steven Jackson a similar type player had a thousand more career yards and averaged a half yard a carry more.

Jamal Lewis and Steven Jackson were so damn good at their peak, along with Shaun Alexander. Just don't find those type of RB's anymore.

I agree but we can see at other positions the individual statistics don’t tell the entire story.

For example, Dillon spent almost his entire career on a losing bengals team.

It should be noted EG is also a lot lower in total TD count too. I’ve thought that was a bigger hinderance than his YPC mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back