Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not playing for the game anymore, they are playing for the money.
Everyone from the owners to the concession stand workers want more money and a talented player can make a ton with very little effort while some of the lower paid guys work as hard as they can and get paid very little.
Maybe it should be like a bass tournament, you get paid according to your place ?

I agree but we can see at other positions the individual statistics don’t tell the entire story.

For example, Dillon spent almost his entire career on a losing bengals team.

It should be noted EG is also a lot lower in total TD count too. I’ve thought that was a bigger hinderance than his YPC mark.
Fischer
It’s subjective but EG 99-00 could be argued as good as Martin, Bettis, and James.
Sanders retired 98’.
Davis was cooked 99’.

Again, not full career snapshot but a 1 or 2 year window.

99 EG had 1750 total yards (1300 rush) and 13 TD
00 1950 total yards (1500 rush) and 16 TD

Not league leading but close.

edit: EG was definitely better than bettis/Martin those 2 years, James was better.
Plus, Fisher didn't like winning by more than 3 points.

Everyone from the owners to the concession stand workers want more money and a talented player can make a ton with very little effort while some of the lower paid guys work as hard as they can and get paid very little.
Maybe it should be like a bass tournament, you get paid according to your place ?
Fans don't go to the games to see concession stand workers...

Yea. It looks like they are holding that sub par year with the Cowboys against him
Andre Johnson doesn't have top 10 stats either...no SBs...it's a shame Eddie is not considered

Stats shouldn't be the determining factor, it should be how good they were in their era ...Eddie was great..he carried this team, was the heart for years....it's the Hall of Fame not the Hall of Stats....

How is being 28th in career rushing yards good enough for the HOF? Note that Marshawn Lynch is 29th right behind him and people could argue he is more deserving.

If Eddie deserves to be in than Jamal Lewis, Corey Dillon and Ricky Watters, Tiki Barber, Thomas Jones, Steven Jackson deserve to be in.

Steven Jackson a similar type player had a thousand more career yards and averaged a half yard a carry more.
I came across this article today

RB Index: Eight running backs deserving of Hall of Fame recognition

It’s certainly subjective and I do like how the author points out his criteria but I think he’s missing a large category that I believe HoF voters look for in TD. Total, rushing, receiving

Craig has 73 total. Good enough for a tie at 95 all time, coincidently with a comparable RB, Brian Westbrook (Craig better runner, Westbrook better receiver to me)

I think it’s what holds EG back too. 78 total is only good enough to tie for 70. Also with another consideration name, Steven Jackson.

That’s where I think Shaun Alexander’s name should get mentioned. 112 total TD (17th) and a MVP nominee, BUT another author criteria that I believe is considered, is that 10k mark where Alexander fell short.

I think the TD number is what will prevent Andre Johnson from being the first texan HoFer. He’s around 40 for WR and also 5 TE ahead not in.

It’s certainly subjective and I do like how the author points out his criteria but I think he’s missing a large category that I believe HoF voters look for in TD. Total, rushing, receiving

Craig has 73 total. Good enough for a tie at 95 all time, coincidently with a comparable RB, Brian Westbrook (Craig better runner, Westbrook better receiver to me)

I think it’s what holds EG back too. 78 total is only good enough to tie for 70. Also with another consideration name, Steven Jackson.

That’s where I think Shaun Alexander’s name should get mentioned. 112 total TD (17th) and a MVP nominee, BUT another author criteria that I believe is considered, is that 10k mark where Alexander fell short.

I think the TD number is what will prevent Andre Johnson from being the first texan HoFer. He’s around 40 for WR and also 5 TE ahead not in.
And that's where I believe it can't be all about stats...Eddie was a great running back in his era and what he meant to his team...a few are in the HOF without the stats because they were great in their era

And that's where I believe it can't be all about stats...Eddie was a great running back in his era and what he meant to his team...a few are in the HOF without the stats because they were great in their era
I agree that stats shouldn’t be the only measure and that’s EG meant more to Tennessee than his stats showed. It would’ve been nicer to win a SB for him, but at least make a longer run.

Eddie didn’t carry a team to the grand prize. He WAS great RB but not a force that bent others to his championship. And IMO was a Barry Sanders type difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back