Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eddie was just not good enough, elite enough to be in that class. There are several backs with similar careers who are not there and should also not be there.

A career 3.6 yards a carry is not elite!

EG also has one of the worst statistical season for a starting RB in NFL history.

His 2001 season. 315 att. 939 yards...2.97 ypc. (It's rounded to 3.0).

He's not a HOF

Probably the most recent relevant thread.
YouTube channel- secret base, has a series that follows sports people that have beef with each other. Finally got to VY vs Fisher.

I saw that Fisher vs VY video and you have pimple faced 20 year olds acting like VY came in an era when coaches had no idea how to use a running QB. As if we did not already have guys like Vick, McNair and McNabb before him.

In short they ignorantly think that VY was a victim somehow which is BS.

As everybody knows Fisher wanted Leinart while Floyd Reese wanted Cutler. Only Cutler was not a total bust. Fisher did not hate VY from the start I think he was put off by his maturity, his lack of intelligence and his work ethic.

I agree but we can see at other positions the individual statistics don’t tell the entire story.

For example, Dillon spent almost his entire career on a losing bengals team.

It should be noted EG is also a lot lower in total TD count too. I’ve thought that was a bigger hinderance than his YPC mark.

Steven Jackson was always on losing teams also.

If I was an NFL linebacker I would be more frightened to tackle Jamal Lewis or Steven Jackson than Eddie. Eddie was a little taller, more of a target. Those guys hurt people. I watched a game where a linebacker reached out to arm tackle Jackson and his forearm snapped.

As much as you love a guy because he was on our team you have to be realistic.

Jamal Lewis and Steven Jackson were so damn good at their peak, along with Shaun Alexander. Just don't find those type of RB's anymore.

Those names bring up another issue. Those players at their peak were certainly better than EG at his peak. Jamal Lewis in that 2000 yard season(2003) was a beast. He was like a prime Earl Campbell.

How is being 28th in career rushing yards good enough for the HOF? Note that Marshawn Lynch is 29th right behind him and people could argue he is more deserving.

If Eddie deserves to be in than Jamal Lewis, Corey Dillon and Ricky Watters, Tiki Barber, Thomas Jones, Steven Jackson deserve to be in.

Steven Jackson a similar type player had a thousand more career yards and averaged a half yard a carry more.
Eddie was feared by the likes of Ray Lewis and others

He set the tone for an entire franchise for years

He deserves consideration

HOF should not be about SB wins as that's a team accomplishment..it shouldn't be solely about stats either..Eddie was the heart of this team and a great player in his generation... deserves consideration

HOF should not be about SB wins as that's a team accomplishment..it shouldn't be solely about stats either..Eddie was the heart of this team and a great player in his generation... deserves consideration

I agree,

When you have other HOF players saying that they didn't like going up against him because how good he was, he should be in the consideration, stats aside.

Lol....ypc only
Have to consider era.

as much as I loved watching EG, he was never part of an entire country movement “luv ya blue”.
Aside from that, there are plenty of old dogs who argue Earl is the greatest RB ever. Small crew, but if his name is mentioned, that says a lot.

I think there may have been 1-2 years he could be argued the best back in the league, but that’s not my defense to say he should be in.

Not really

Barry Sanders
Curtis Martin
Marshall Faulk
Terrell Davis
Edgerin James
Jerome Bettis

He's not better than all those guys all those years

Not really

Barry Sanders
Curtis Martin
Marshall Faulk
Terrell Davis
Edgerin James
Jerome Bettis

He's not better than all those guys all those years
It’s subjective but EG 99-00 could be argued as good as Martin, Bettis, and James.
Sanders retired 98’.
Davis was cooked 99’.

Again, not full career snapshot but a 1 or 2 year window.

99 EG had 1750 total yards (1300 rush) and 13 TD
00 1950 total yards (1500 rush) and 16 TD

Not league leading but close.

edit: EG was definitely better than bettis/Martin those 2 years, James was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back