Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
So who is the edge defender that you want from this FA class.....I don’t consider Shaq Barrett as an option because we all know he will get top dollar and we don’t have top dollar to give.

Romeo Okawara, Hassan Reddick, Leonard Floyd and Trey Hendrickson were all top 10 in sacks last yr and are available

Matt Judon, Carl Lawson, Yannick Ngakaue, Van Noy, Bud Dupree, Justin Houston, Clowney, Kerrigan, Ingram, Aldon Smith, and Von Miller probably gets released

I’d like to see us land Okawara or Reddick on a 3-4 yr deal and also sign one of the older guys to a 1 yr prove it deal after the draft. I would like us to draft an edge guy too.

who do you all want

Yea my guess is we DONT land a FA pass rusher

They just cost too much and we aren't in a position to do that this offseason

Robinson went after Kerrigan during the trade deadline this past season. I wouldn't be surprised if Robinson makes a run to sign him this offseason.

Honestly, sacks are kind of luck.

Okawara, Hendrickson, Floyd, Reddick are all kind of 1 year wonders. Redick got about half his sacks in 1 game. Floyd benefits greatly from playing with Donald and Ramsey (see Fowler last year).

A lot of media are saying we get Judon. He is a nice player, but not a dude that is going to get you a ton of sacks. Which means the fans will complain and we'll get a million cut Judon posts. But he'd make us better.

I can kind of see us getting Kerrigan or Houston and drafting someone. I think I'd be okay with that, too.

Lawson would be my first choice. After that, I wouldn't mind Kerrigan. He wouldn't be too expensive and gives the veteran presence. I would also draft at least one. As much as I would love Dupree, I think he will be too expensive. As of now we don't have the money to spend on a top notch free agent.

I’m fine with some lower tiered guys. Sign 2, draft 2, rotate continuously. None of them need to be “named” but if they can collectively get 25 sacks, I’d be extremely happy.

I’m fine with some lower tiered guys. Sign 2, draft 2, rotate continuously. None of them need to be “named” but if they can collectively get 25 sacks, I’d be extremely happy.

Given that our edge guys got 6.5 last year (Landry 5.5, Wyatt Ray 1), I'd hope we'd all be extremely happy with 25.

Yea my guess is we DONT land a FA pass rusher

They just cost too much and we aren't in a position to do that this offseason

I can guarantee that we pick up a FA pass rusher at some point....It might be right before training camp, but we aren't going to go into the season with Landry, Robeson, and a couple of rookies.....or if we do then JRob needs to be fired.

If we sign a FA to a multi-yr deal then the cap hit for this yr can be minimized. That is why I would go after one of the younger guys.

I would sacrifice one of our over-paid CBs to help gain the cap room to land a guy who can actually get after the QB...

Romeo Okawara, Hassan Reddick, Trey Hendrickson , Matt Judon, Carl Lawson, Yannick Ngakaue, Van Noy and Kerrigan.

Anyone of these guys I'd be good with

Not a big fan of Clowney but his estimated value per spotrac is only $6.5 mil. That fits closer to what I'd take him back for. Other guys even close to double digit sacks are way too expensive. Better to look at the draft and get edge 1st and mid rounds both.

Might be better to look for a guy like Solomon Thomas who can play 3 tech (inside on rush downs) or strong side edge. Good first step and might still have some upside. Obviously not expensive. An upgrade to Crawford.

I was 100% against Clowney last year, as the Clowney thread clearly shows, but at 6mil, I would be willing to take a chance again. Anything over 6mil and no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back