Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dupree, Lawson, Okwara, Clowney, M Ingram, Van Noy in that order depending on who is the best deal. Dupree sounds like a titan honestly. I could see it if he doesn't get a ridiculous offer from someone(which he probably will).

Aldon smith is an intriguing name as well. Wonder how much shelf life he saved by taking that long hiatus from the NFL?

Dupree, Lawson, Okwara, Clowney, M Ingram, Van Noy in that order depending on who is the best deal. Dupree sounds like a titan honestly. I could see it if he doesn't get a ridiculous offer from someone(which he probably will).

Aldon smith is an intriguing name as well. Wonder how much shelf life he saved by taking that long hiatus from the NFL?

isn’t Aldon smith a cowboy? I’m not sure why anyone would want him he hasn’t played in what seems like 6 or so years.

isn’t Aldon smith a cowboy? I’m not sure why anyone would want him he hasn’t played in what seems like 6 or so years.

He was a cowboy. He's a free agent now. Someone might want to take a chance on a guy who got 5 sacks in his first season in 4 years. He's only played like 5 seasons all together which is crazy for a 31 year old who got 35 sacks in his first 2 seasons. Will be interesting to see how he progresses or regresses next season.

Aldon Smith for cheap would be nice. Kinda forgot about him. Doubt we take a risk on any player with a questionable history after wilson/beasley/clowney

Aldon Smith for cheap would be nice. Kinda forgot about him. Doubt we take a risk on any player with a questionable history after wilson/beasley/clowney

What’s cheap? What does a player like him take? He might have something left. If we signed him for vet minimum or something.

What’s cheap? What does a player like him take? He might have something left. If we signed him for vet minimum or something.
I think he got 2mill last year, I'd imagine he'd be a bit more expensive this year but nothing crazy considering his history. Could be a patriots style reclamation project.

Well you dont play two DTs at 3's at the same time so kind of a waste to have two guys who play the same thing

We played Casey and Simmons together and if Casey was 5 years younger it would have worked real well. Wasn't that bad as it was but Casey had lost some of his pass rushing ability. Basically we just need someone good enough to be able to make plays when they aren't doubled. We will play a bunch of 4 man fronts anyway.

I'm hoping we sign DE Romeo Okwara in FA and then add a DE in the draft

Market value for edge guys seems to run about $1 mil per sack and Okwara is valued around $10 mil.

If we got Clowney closer to $7 mill which is where he is valued he might have more value if he can stay healthy because he could move inside and we draft a rookie to play outside in passing situations. Clowney gives us two for one and even thought he doesn't get a huge number of sacks he can be disruptive.

Of course the staying healthy part is the key. A guy like Okwara might be a better deal if he can continue to produce and we can keep him for 3 years. I would be fine signing him and if a inside guy is worthy consider them in the 1st. Still can get another edge guy later for depth and development.

So either one works for me.

Market value for edge guys seems to run about $1 mil per sack and Okwara is valued around $10 mil.

If we got Clowney closer to $7 mill which is where he is valued he might have more value if he can stay healthy because he could move inside and we draft a rookie to play outside in passing situations. Clowney gives us two for one and even thought he doesn't get a huge number of sacks he can be disruptive.

Of course the staying healthy part is the key. A guy like Okwara might be a better deal if he can continue to produce and we can keep him for 3 years. I would be fine signing him and if a inside guy is worthy consider them in the 1st. Still can get another edge guy later for depth and development.

So either one works for me.
I'm not sure how I feel about Clowney, his market value certainly took a hit, if we address DE in the draft with a legit rusher I would be ok with Clowney at 7 mil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back