Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a big fan of Clowney but his estimated value per spotrac is only $6.5 mil. That fits closer to what I'd take him back for. Other guys even close to double digit sacks are way too expensive. Better to look at the draft and get edge 1st and mid rounds both.

Might be better to look for a guy like Solomon Thomas who can play 3 tech (inside on rush downs) or strong side edge. Good first step and might still have some upside. Obviously not expensive. An upgrade to Crawford.
No need for another 3 tech with Simmons around

Not sure if that led the league but from just edge guys, I’d be happy with 10. With some rotational guys all over the front 7, I’d hope for 25.

I have no idea if that led the league for just edge guys, but 25 seemed like a lot.

Front 7? Last we got 16 sacks from the front 7. And we actually got 7.5 from edge guys. I missed Brooks Reed's sack.

In 2019, we had 23 sacks from edge guys and 38 sacks from front 7 guys and we still complained about pass rush.

I have no idea if that led the league for just edge guys, but 25 seemed like a lot.

Front 7? Last we got 16 sacks from the front 7. And we actually got 7.5 from edge guys. I missed Brooks Reed's sack.

In 2019, we had 23 sacks from edge guys and 38 sacks from front 7 guys and we still complained about pass rush.
I think in 19’ it was more about inconsistency. Bulk sacks in some games, zero in others. Still wasn’t really enough pressure (maybe not just sacks) to beat some of the better teams, like chiefs and saints.

I think in 19’ it was more about inconsistency. Bulk sacks in some games, zero in others. Still wasn’t really enough pressure (maybe not just sacks) to beat some of the better teams, like chiefs and saints.

If I recall, things kinda of slowed when all of our CB's got hurt and then Landry kinda gassed because we play him 60-70 snaps a game instead of the 40-50 snaps where he is probably best as a pass rusher.

I'm not really making a point, just posting numbers. Like I said in my first post, sacks are kind of luck. I just think we need a lot of depth at both IDL and edge.

I would like to see one of them and a vet like Kerrigan and draft someone. When J-Rob gets some contracts re-done, the money situation should be fine. I cannot see us paying Butler and A. Jackson, over 24 million for them both.

Expect a few cuts and some contract tweaks

Not sure why Von Miller would be released but if he is that is the only answer we should be considering.
32 when the season starts
Coming off season ending leg injury
Pending criminal investigation
Expensive
Broncos aren't competing any time soon

Lots of reasons to cut him, wouldn't be opposed to taking a look at him if it happens though.

*edit* Looks like he was cleared of charges this week.

Expensive

Lots of reasons to cut him, wouldn't be opposed to taking a look at him if it happens though.

Pending criminal Investigation is over. No charges will be filed.

Expensive

*edit* Looks like he was cleared of charges this week.

Yep. He was cleared. But Broncos have $30 million in cap space. A trade would make much more sense. Get something for one of the top pass rushers in the game.

Yep. He was cleared. But Broncos have $30 million in cap space. A trade would make much more sense. Get something for one of the top pass rushers in the game.
Obviously he only gets cut if there's no trade market for him, it goes without saying I'd assume.

Miller dropped off pretty hard in 2019 before missing last year with injury. I'd be cautious about paying prime Von Miller rates.

Well you dont play two DTs at 3's at the same time so kind of a waste to have two guys who play the same thing

Simmons doesn't exclusively play 3 tech and I think one of the common themes of good defenses is to have lots of guys that can effectively line up all over the place.

I don't particularly want whoever we were talking about but we need multiple DL and DL that can consistently get to the passer would be nice. I'm not convinced that is Simmons, especially since he had 5 sacks in 2 years in the NFL and 7 sacks his entire college career.

Simmons doesn't exclusively play 3 tech and I think one of the common themes of good defenses is to have lots of guys that can effectively line up all over the place.

I don't particularly want whoever we were talking about but we need multiple DL and DL that can consistently get to the passer would be nice. I'm not convinced that is Simmons, especially since he had 5 sacks in 2 years in the NFL and 7 sacks his entire college career.
Simmons is a game changer when he wants to be.

He just needs a sidekick to replace Jones to be at his best

Find a guy that commands attention away from Simmons and wed see him become elite

Find a guy that commands attention away from Simmons and wed see him become elite

We just have to make sure they don't have a skillset that includes 3 tech. Because that'd be wasteful.

He can be an elite player, but nothing in his history says that he is more than an average pass rusher. The guy is crazy strong, but he does not have that quick get off that is needed to quickly disrupt the QB.

I would not be upset at all if we added Kyle Van Noy. He would certainly add veteran leadership to the defense. He was one of the Fins captains last yr. He is extremely versatile in terms of having plenty of experience playing off ball LBer and edge rusher. He isn’t going to be your 10 sack guy, but he will give you all out effort and be a great teammate. It would be a low risk signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back