Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
So looking like Julio, AJ, Reynolds, Johnson, Rodgers, NWI and Batson to start the season. Possibly the best 7, though I would have kept Kinsey over NWI personally.

So looking like Julio, AJ, Reynolds, Johnson, Rodgers, NWI and Batson to start the season. Possibly the best 7, though I would have kept Kinsey over NWI personally.

Kinsey looked great, but at that size, you aren't making the team as a 6th or 7th guy unless you are the return man. NWI has good size and made some nice special team plays. He stopped the fake punt against the Lions.

I think most people would. I projected that earlier but I still don’t see what the Titans see in NWI. 3 special teams tackles and a blocked punt…

We cut Kinsey.. to roster Westbrook?

Are you kidding me?...

"Hey, let's throw out this newer bolt, because I wanna keep trying this crossthreaded one..."

I will never understand what they see in Woodside.
My only legit guess is to keep the pressure off THill.
Not that Barkley had any shot of taking the starting job, but even THill must recognize there’s less of a chance Woodside does. (it’s like 0% Woodside to 0.0007%barkley chance)

I will never understand what they see in Woodside.
If Tannehill goes out mid-game with us up by 2 tds, Woodside is fine. He will come in, hand the ball off, throw his 3 yard passes and not do much to screw up, just hold serve. If Tannehill is out for several games, Woodside doesnt seem capable enough to actually win a game. Barkley may can win a game, but he has an even higher chance of throwing a bunch of picks and losing big.

If Tannehill goes out mid-game with us up by 2 tds, Woodside is fine. He will come in, hand the ball off, throw his 3 yard passes and not do much to screw up, just hold serve. If Tannehill is out for several games, Woodside doesnt seem capable enough to actually win a game. Barkley may can win a game, but he has an even higher chance of throwing a bunch of picks and losing big.
Woodside threw more picks than TDs in the AAF, so not sure why he would be any better than Barkley starting. They threw the same number in pre-season. They also are both below a average and need to be replaced. I always think you should be signing potential QBs to groom so you have a replacement or trade bait.

I’m probably in the minority, but Barkley was the right cut. Neither one is anything more than a backup, but Barkley was only good on his throws when there was no pressure. As soon as there was any pressure, he got happy feet and his throws became erratic. Hence his interception in the last game. This has been Barkley’s biggest issue since he entered the NFL. Woodside might have shorter check down passes, but he showed how calm and cool he can be under pressure. This offense can still win with a game manager like that. It cannot survive with desperation throws and turnovers. It was the right call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back