Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: "We're going to get back to old-school football and run it," said Titans Coach Jeff Fisher. "That's our intention, that's our desire, and that's where the work has been emphasized this offseason. As far as who does it? Well, we have some great options right now. We will not have a shortage of running backs by no means."

Rookie RB LenDale White said, "When I was brought in, the first thing Coach Fisher said to me was, 'We have a commitment to running the football, and we're getting back to that.' We have a number of backs, and it is going to fun to see what we can do. All of the guys here have carried the load at some time or another. I guess if we can all come together as a group it is going to be a lot of fun."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

IMO the running game is the key to the season it opens the passing game by changing coverages and slowing the pass rush. Eating the clock tires defenses, keeps our D fresh and prevents the other teams O from getting any kind of rhythm. We have heard a lot about our running backs but the key is not CB,TH,and LW its the Oline, they have to be much improved and with no tackle with more than 2yrs experience Munch will have to do his best coaching job ever. I'm glad we have the commitment I question the talent to make it happen.

Fisher is old-school and believes in running the ball, not making turnovers, controlling the clock, getting field position with the kicking game, and winning the game with defense. I think that at least in part, he'd rather lose 10-7 than win 49-47 in a shootout.

It reminds me of the time Alabama beat Ole Miss and Archie Manning 33-31, or something like that, and Bear Bryant asked the Ole Miss coach afterwards, "Wasn't that the worst game you ever saw?"

Gunny said:
i'd love a few 49 - 47 games.

Y'all still play Australian Rules Football, Gunny?

Chris Brown and Lendale White....White being the short yardage bruiser and Chris Brown being the Speed back who makes the big plays. You notice that Lendale kinda runs like he's bow legged or something like his legs kick outward when he runs...

Screw just running the ball i want to score touchdowns... dosent matter if we rush for 300 a game if or red zone efficiency still sux.... hopefully lendal and vince on the zone read will help :)

that's wack man haah...but in all seriousness are we really going to do the option read...zone read whatever....i mean how will that work....NFL is too fast to run the option isn't it? Linebackers will just blow it up everytime...unless we run it good but how?

Espisode I - McNair Drafted (Supposed to be the one)
Episode II - McNair discovers passing offense, but should run (Fear leads to Darkside)
Episode III - McNair Joins the Ravens (turns to Darkside), Nooooooooooooooo!
Episode IV - Young is drafted - a new hope
Episode V - Young no longer bound by Force (Fisher Ball)
Episode VI - Young Balances the Force, Titans win Superbowl

You know what they say

Run well, pass well, its textbook stuff.

I didn't like the fact that we didn't get the chance to estabish the run game last year, we got behind too often and often abandoned it before it got going. I am cereal

IMO, Chris Brown Shoud be our #1 RB, then Lendale if he shows signs he can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back