Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
As disappointing as Clowney was, I wonder how much of a difference a healthy Clowney would have made against someone like Lamar Jackson.

I think they would have been a lot better down the stretch with him because he is disruptive and gets to places where offenses don't want him.

...but I think they would have been worse against Lamar because Clowney has never been know for playing disciplined containment football.

The D did its job Sunday, the Offense didn't seem to gameplan much and rendered D henry ineffective. This may sound premature, but Vrabel needs to humble himself and learn to actually coach players rather than line up with them in practice. Much of the challenges the team had this year were center on not having a DC and the defense looking lost 80% of the time. Sunday, it seemed the coaching staff focused on D but did not look to do much different than the 1st Ravens game on O.

Hire a real DC, Bowen goes back to LB coach, rather than firing him, Vrabel saves his buddy some face, it was a trial gig with Vrabel "overseeing" him.

Just FYI, Vrabel and Byard said yesterday Bowen was the DC though never carried the title.
I don't get the point of that. If he's the DC, why doesn't he have the title. If he doesn't have the title, I assume his decisions always come with approval from the HC/DC (by title).
Get rid of Bowen entirely. If he's getting the "credit" for that mess without the title even, then he doesn't need to be part of this coaching staff.

Vrabel needs to fix that as a top priority. Hire a DC AND give him the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back