Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching yesterday D was shocking. My missus is an arizona fan and she even agrees that our defence is unbelievable.

Didn't like Dean pees after the chiefs game in the playoffs but omg the play designs were so superior. We had corner blitzes and safety blitzes every other play last year but now it's something outta the 50s we're watching. 3-4 push forward everyone else drop back.

A proper DC or not, Clowney, Beasley, Landry, Evans and Brown are all capable of getting to the QB...do it, that what you're paid to do.

Adoree needs to rub some dirt on it and get back out on the field. If hes that hurt, put him on IR and end it.

Trade deadline tomorrow, doubt JR and Vrabel do anything because everything is "fine"..but hello!, we just got embarrassed by the Bengals.

And if we can't beat the Bengals htf are we going to compete with the good teams, Indy is getting better, we are getting worse.

Another thing to keep in mind. Because the defense is so horrid, opposing teams are dominating TOP, particularly the last two games. Offense cant get into any sustained rhythm with the defense on the field for over half the game.

Titans: 24:03
Bengals: 35:57

Steelers: 36:37
Titans: 23:23

For the season, the Titans have only held the ball more than their opponents in three games (Broncos, Vikings, and Texans). The Texans game was only by 10 secs.

As I thought more about our defensive situation, losing Casey, Ryan, and Woodyard hurt us. Ya they were on the decline but they brought that leadership and accountability to the defense. All we have now are guys who got paid and really don't give a damn. I was all for the Casey trade and letting Ryan walk, looking at it now we should of tried to keep both, but mostly should of kept Casey. This defense is leaderless right now.

I'm sorry, but anyone who thought this would be an easy win hasn't watched this team over the course of the season. The Titans barely beat some of the NFL's worst teams and their only stand out win was against the Bills. In addition, the Bengals have played tough against quality opponents all season and their offense has been the reason why. Against our defense, any team is capable of beating the Titans.

I feared that the Bengals would move the ball at will against the defense, and they did. Credit to their organization. Their players outplayed ours and their coaches outcoached ours.

This team isn't as good as many thought it was. The next four games will be telling; the bears, the Ravens, and 2x against the Colts.

I think you misunderstood my post.

For a 5-1 team, a 1-5-1 team with a tattered Oline should be an easy win.

Obviously, since the Titans always seem to play down to their opposition, this was not the case for them. Maybe one day they'll definitively beat the teams that they should beat.

This team seems to have lost the heart and us against the world attitude from last year.

Why not us? ....because we suck
Um, they fought back just the week before giving us a FG chance to tie after being down big at the half. I get being upset about yesterday, but your statement is unwarranted IMO.

Yesterday was clearly disappointing and a classic Titans loss. For what ever reason, we can’t win the silver platter games regardless of who is playing or coaching. We seem to have hideous loss like this every year. I do feel like the defense has trended so poorly this season that JR should have Vrabel on the carpet with a plan to right the ship.

Um, they fought back just the week before giving us a FG chance to tie after being down big at the half. I get being upset about yesterday, but your statement is unwarranted IMO.
It's not unwarranted if you watched the game yesterday

piss poor effort. Want to be a playoff team? you need to play game in and game out, especially against 1-5 teams

The tackling was pathetic, 21 million on 2 new edge rushers and they have done nothing.

Unwarranted? Nope

This WAS a classic Titans loss. Everything tee'ed up to smash a win and we whiff. It's become a habit this year for me to keep busy during the 1st half of games, checking the score on my phone and then tuning in to the 4th quarter. I'm older and seriously the 2 hours of aggravation this year's team causes just isn't worth ruining my afternoon. I wasn't always like this, just with this year's team.

Anyway- I started watching live in a bar in Montana the 3rd quarter. When I saw Burrow destroying us with slants and screens it reminded me how good Burrow actually is. And he has great pocket awareness. So some of the beating we took was that Burrow really IS a great QB and will be for the Bengals in the future.

No DC is a travesty, especially with how Covid limited our TC and "live" practices. Our D players are playing undisciplined and having a neophyte Bowen calling the D plays is a horrible idea. Vrabel/ JRob REALLY messed that up. Clowney is what he's always been, freak athlete (albeit aging) that plays undisciplined. Nothing new. I never had any faith Beasley would wreak havoc. Simmons is playing well also unexpected. AJ25 is MIA, he's made of glass- I've always thought that was not a good value pick, maybe we'll get him back I don't know.

I agree with a comment TJ made in another thread- last year was an anomaly how we avoided the injury bug. Losing Lewan appears to be bigger than I had imagined. It seems to have Tannehill flustered. Kern needs to get healthy and get back soon. I wish Gostowski had been injured instead so Vrabel/JRob would wake up to the fact that not replacing him is going to lose us one or two more games this year.

DH22 is still the King- we'll be fine in short yardage situations. AJB11 awesome and CD84 looking improved. Offense will be fine but probably not as great as last year.

It's not unwarranted if you watched the game yesterday

piss poor effort. Want to be a playoff team? you need to play game in and game out, especially against 1-5 teams

The tackling was pathetic, 21 million on 2 new edge rushers and they have done nothing.

Unwarranted? Nope
Reading comprehension my dude. You said, and I quote: "This team seems to have lost the heart and us against the world attitude from last year.". To which I reminded you that just the week before, the team went down big, and fought back to the point of a FG sending it to OT. Pre JR Titans would have mailed that in and lost by double. So yes, your statement is unwarranted.

Now the rest of the things you said, I'm not disputing. This D has taken a big step back, and many players have regressed. They invested in EDGE with nothing to show for it. Not hiring a DC was a huge mistake. And sadly, one I don't see getting fixed in season, which is such a waste of the talent on this roster. Getting King was good, but we need more than that, and none of it will matter if we're spotting opposing WRs 7-10 yards every damn play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back