Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bengals have played a bunch of games close.

Tammy threw a bad pick into triple coverage in the end zone. Doinked a 53 yard field goal in crazy wind. Shaky PI puts us on the 1 and we give up a TD. Another shaky PI cost us a pick. No call on the Hump KO maybe cost us points. Ball goes thru AJ's hands that could have maybe led to points. Whatever.

I will say that we definitely need to be in a position where we aren't having Joseph playing 62 snaps, a 6th rounder rookie playing 41 snaps, and a dude signed yesterday playing 19 snaps at CB if we expect to consistently win.

Tannehill is elite, DH is elite, you really cant do better than AJ, Corey Davis, Adam Humphreys, and jonnu at receiver... this is a super bowl offense. I'm not upset that the offense had a off game. You cant expect to win every game 35 to 30

And this offense will not exist in 4 years... anyone with half a brain knows what needs to be done, but not our front office

We need to pump the brakes on Tannehill is elite. He’s played an elite level for his time here but I think teams are starting to figure out how to defend us. Tannehill has looked horrible each of the last 2 weeks.

He had a late pick overturned because of an offsides and the first pick was inexcusable on 1st and goal.

The offense played bad today and he was a big reason why. He needs to step up and be the guy he was the last 16 games. Not the last 2.

I disagree.

The defense is what it is at this point. If you want to say that’s on the coaches and specifically Vrabel, that’s fine. I disagree, but that’s ok.

If Tannehill doesn’t throw a bad interception in the end zone and Gostkowski makes a kick it’s a 1-point game late in the fourth quarter when Jayon makes a pick with some phantom PI call.

Vrabel did some stupid stuff though. He made a bad challenge in the first half and wasted another timeout on a down that led to a converted 3rd or 4th down, because that’s what this defense does.

Yep agreed. Tannehill’s turnover was a bigger issues than most want to admit.

But agreed that defense hasn’t been fixed because it really can’t be. It’s a talent issue. The guys in the secondary just aren’t very good. Plain and simple.

The pass rush was a major let down today. We clearly have talent on the DL. I have no idea why they weren’t more effective today. The bengals regular starters have been making everybody look like sack machines. We couldn’t even do it against their backups.

We need to pump the brakes on Tannehill is elite. He’s played an elite level for his time here but I think teams are starting to figure out how to defend us. Tannehill has looked horrible each of the last 2 weeks.

He had a late pick overturned because of an offsides and the first pick was inexcusable on 1st and goal.

The offense played bad today and he was a big reason why. He needs to step up and be the guy he was the last 16 games. Not the last 2.

I figured this would happen. Reason being, is that I didn't think Tanny could play at a high level week in and week out.

I figured folks would turn on Tanny the second he had a bad game or two. Tanny is fine.

Close your eyes and think about the 3 QB's before Tanny. Bad games happen.

I figured this would happen. Reason being, is that I didn't think Tanny could play at a high level week in and week out.

I figured folks would turn on Tanny the second he had a bad game or two. Tanny is fine.

Close your eyes and think about the 3 QB's before Tanny. Bad games happen.

Read what I said. Sure Tannehill is “fine” but you are fooling yourself if you think he’s been elite these last 2 games. I’m not “turning” on him lol wtf?

His throws these last 2 weeks have been all over the place. Some of them not even close. He’s been throwing into double/triple coverage more lately. I simply think NFL teams are starting to figure out how to defend our offense.

This stuff happens all the time. It’s why guys like Lamar win MVP and then look mediocre the next year.

Josh Allen was in the MVP talk after 4 weeks. But defenses have adjusted to what they were doing. Now he’s not even in consideration.

This is why the NFL is best of the best. They make adjustments once they have enough film on you. The great players adjust back and continue to dominate.

In a passing league, it is an extreme liability to have to play with the CBs we currently have healthy....it would take a real defensive mastermind to scheme a way to protect them.

You know the defense is frustrated as hell because of the number of crazy 3rd down catches that Cincy made and the number of near sacks and the overturned INT

I like JRob and give him major props for Tanny and Henry contract extensions this off season. But the draft class has absolutely given us nothing and same with the FA additions.

Our offense is getting ready to face 4 straight defenses that are very solid. Going to be tough for them to carry us if defense and STs don’t step up their game

Read what I said. Sure Tannehill is “fine” but you are fooling yourself if you think he’s been elite these last 2 games. I’m not “turning” on him lol wtf?

His throws these last 2 weeks have been all over the place. Some of them not even close. He’s been throwing into double/triple coverage more lately. I simply think NFL teams are starting to figure out how to defend our offense.

This stuff happens all the time. It’s why guys like Lamar win MVP and then look mediocre the next year.

I think teams have figured out our offense. We are either going to run a slant in the middle of the field or post to the middle of the field. I blame the offensive coordinator. We have jonnu, aj and Henry and I cant remember the last time we ran a screen or dumped the ball off to them for a gain. Also when Corey Davis can make plays like that last touchdown catch, you have to take shots like that. We know AJ can make those plays too. No effort goes into getting aj the ball who proves every game to be one of the best receivers after the catch.

Our entire offense is basically the defense stacks the box, we run PA to bring the lbs up, then look in the middle of the field for the soft spot. I'm retarded and I've basically figured it out.

Tannehill is elite

I think teams have figured out our offense. We are either going to run a slant in the middle of the field or post to the middle of the field. I blame the offensive coordinator. We have jonnu, aj and Henry and I cant remember the last time we ran a screen or dumped the ball off to them for a gain. Also when Corey Davis can make plays like that last touchdown catch, you have to take shots like that. We know AJ can make those plays too. No effort goes into getting aj the ball who proves every game to be one of the best receivers after the catch.

Our entire offense is basically the defense stacks the box, we run PA to bring the lbs up, then look in the middle of the field for the soft spot. I'm retarded and I've basically figured it out.

Tannehill is elite

Lol do you watch the games? We tried those screens today.

Art definitely isn’t perfect but his biggest flaw is getting away from the run game and putting us in 3rd and longs.

Tannehill needs to right the ship.

Thoughts on the game.

-Slow starts are killing us, this offense is explosive but seems to take a half to get going every week.

-Defense is a mess, I think it's more of a coaching problem than a talent problem. Who would think not dedicating someone to run the D would backfire? It's almost like every team has a defensive coordinator.

-Coaching is the bigger issue but the secondary is a disaster talent wise too. Our corners can't cover. Vaccaro is a ghost. Byard is playing the worst and most passive football I've seen in his career, he was one of the worst players on the field today.

-Poor tackling over and over and over, this comes down to coaching and effort, unacceptable.

-Reffing was atrocious, every time the titans got some momentum, there was a phantom call bringing it back.

-Special teams let us down, gost missed fg changed the entire game. Kern had a chance to pin em deep in the 4th I think and booted it in the endzone. It didn't end up mattering but the botched extra point could have led to heartbreak too. Oh and the huge kick return after the TD. Also why are we continually short kicking on kickoffs? Just boot that shit through the endzone.

We're 5-2. Tied for first in the division. A missed fg away from taking the undefeated Steelers to OT. Go make a move to win some games when it matters jrob. I heard Gilmore is available.

The defense is what it is at this point. If you want to say that’s on the coaches and specifically Vrabel, that’s fine. I disagree, but that’s ok.
Seriously? This Titans D is a joke. Many of the same players who destroyed the Ravens in January look lost as they have most of the season. If anything, they're regressing.

Scheme and adjustments fall squarely on the shoulders of the head coach and Vrabel isn't doing anything I can see to fix this defense.

Tannehill is elite, DH is elite, you really cant do better than AJ, Corey Davis, Adam Humphreys, and jonnu at receiver... this is a super bowl offense. I'm not upset that the offense had a off game. You cant expect to win every game 35 to 30

And this offense will not exist in 4 years... anyone with half a brain knows what needs to be done, but not our front office
Offense still scored 20... THAT should be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back