Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
A game of missed opportunities starting with AJ dropping a sure td which jumps us out 14-0 right out of the gate. Followed by a huge 4th down stop to get the ball back to keep it at 17-13, all the momentum on our side, henry gets banged up goes off the field. Titans fail to convert and then the punter shanks it for 17 yards colt get great field position make it 20-17. Another titans punt results in a block for a TD makes it 27-17 with plenty of time left. Titans are feeding henry the ball until Davis commits a costly holding penalty, Titans settle for a FG which was missed and that pretty much sums up your ball game.

Frankly dont think the defense played all that bad, didnt play great but didnt play bad at all. Two huge 4th down stops 33% conversion rate on third down, Sadly the colts had a short field to work with most of the second half

I was watching on my phone in a restaurant in China with my wife. When the punt block TD happened, I yelled "f*ck!" really loudly. My wife was not pleased.

They averaged 13 yards a play rofl!!! Can you imagine how easy this game was for them...This wasn't even a football game for them it was a light practice. We have women on defense

A drive near the end summed it up on consecutive plays...first down run, wait hold, wait another AJ drop, wait missed fg !@#$!!!!!!! Team was just not ready for prime time.

I think at this stage, I think we should accept that this team isn't a contender for much of anything. With the upcoming schedule, it is a realistic possibility that this team finishes below .500.

What we have witnessed is that the 5-0 start was a complete and utter mirage. The Titans barely beat below average teams that masked the huge problems with the special teams and the defense. Now that the offense has come back to earth and the Titans are playing a much higher quality of opponents, they are getting the shit kicked out of them.

The biggest problem this season is Vrabel and his ego. The defense was bad last season, but this is a whole new level of ineptitude and it lays at his feet with the worst playcalling I have seen in nearly 30 years of watching this organization. For a defensive player, Vrabel plays some of the most gutless defensive football I have seen. Not a single adjustment was made in the second half, and even down 10, Vrabel still played soft and rushed only four.

Special teams were terrible last season and yet Aukerman was brought back and boy o boy did it get worse. Why they benched Allen for what we saw tonight is mind boggling, just as mind boggling as how Gostoskwi has kept his job.

To be honest, if this team doesn't make the playoffs after a 5-0 start, I think the Titans have to seriously consider firing Vrabel. The defense and special teams have gotten worse in every season he has been head coach. In 3 of the last four games, he has been completely outcoached and in reality, the opposing teams aren't doing anything different on offense. They play dink and dunk on offense. The colts were so unafraid of this defense they went for it five times on fourth down. That's a failure of coaching.

And as an extra added bonus, Robinson's 2020 offseason was a complete disaster in the draft and FA

Have to hope that they figure something out during the 10 days off. If not, this team is totally screwed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back