Not open for further replies.
Need a DC
Need a new ST coach
Should have kept old K
Should have stuck with Allen
Wasted 1st round pick on Wilson
Got ZERO pass rush help
Lost decent rotation LB in Correa

that SQUARELY rests on JRob. He’s listening to Vrabel too much. Vrabel coaches from a player perspective.

Need a DC
Need a new ST coach
Should have kept old K
Should have stuck with Allen
Wasted 1st round pick on Wilson
Got ZERO pass rush help
Lost decent rotation LB in Correa

that SQUARELY rests on JRob. He’s listening to Vrabel too much. Vrabel coaches from a player perspective.

The only thing that can be addressed at this point is for Vrabel/Bowen to hand over play calling duties on defense to Hasslett, who actually has successfully called defenses as a DC. The fact that Vrabel, who was terrible as the DC in Houston, thinks he can teach Bowen how to be a DC is absurd.

While a lot of the players on defense are not playing up to their talent (especially Byard), a change in scheme from this soft b.s. would definitely help these players get their confidence back and hopefully start minimizing the mistakes that have persisted all season (bad angles, missed tackles, and the lack of filing holes at the point of attack)

If there is no change in scheme, having Adoree Jackson potentially back means little

At this point in the offseason if Vrabs doesn't allow Jrob to bring in a DC or refuses to let go of incompetent staff he's gotta go. This is a win kinda business and if loyalist type behavior is gonna be put above winning it's a no go.

Tannehill last 4 games. 56% completion 189 yards per game 7 yards per attempt.

Not going to get it done. That’s what we were getting with Mariota at QB.

Dont say that people gonna call you a MM8 nut swinger. But I agree, Tannys looking a lot like Miami Tanny right now.

Vrabel lost this game. Period. Blame the O, D, or ST, but the biggest factor in this loss was coaching, starting with swapping out punters just for what? ...Hubris? Favoritism?

The offense and defense actually held their own. We gave up 13 points halfway through 3rd quarter. The Colts have a good offense. You may not like the "bend don't break" outcome but they stepped up on 3rd down and came up with some clutch stops, including a sack holding them to 3 before the half. If before the game we were given the choice of giving up 13 points with 7 minutes to go in the 3rd, we would all happily take it.

The problem, a 17 yard shank, giving them the ball at our 27, and putting our D right back on the field after a long and emotional drive. The D played well and they played their hearts out. Secondary to that, is Art's sometimes predictable and trying-to-be-cutesy play calling. 3 and 2, just pound it or quick pass. Stop all this bootlegging. Everyone was expecting it. Talk about a momentum shift at the most critical point of the game. While we are it, remove all tosses from the playbook please (even though they were ok this game. Just stop).

Back to Vrabel... What half time adjustments did we make? What half-time adjustments have we made all season? I don't notice any. In fact, what adjustments have we made at any point this season? He may be a leader of men but he's not a good strategist or game planner. He's just not. Outcoached by Frank Reich again. You think we played great in the second half against Pittsburgh? Not really. It was the same crap on both sides of the field. We got lucky with Big Ben trying to blow the game with those picks. No adjustments whatsoever. Vrabel admitted it. It's fine if that's a coaches biggest weakness but then you need to HIRE SOMEONE WHO MAKES UP FOR IT. You can't NOT replace Dean Pees. This is the outcome! It's bad coaching and unfortunately I think he might be too proud to admit it. We'll see what happens this offseason.

The second biggest blame for the L, and I don't see many talking about this... if you want to blame a player, forget the K and P. AJ Brown was the second biggest factor in losing this game. That dropped (potential) TD, was a game and momentum changer. If we're up 14-0 the whole game is different. They probably run a little less, it puts more pressure on Rivers, and our D can be more aggressive. It is easy to blame the punter, but I put that 80% on Vrabel. That was a non-sense roster change after another player proved themselves. It wasn't the player's fault the second punt was blocked. Again, blame Vrabel and the ST coach.
Also, Gostkowski needs to be cut, I agree. It doesn't matter if we can't find someone better. You have to at least try and make a change. Just like we did two weeks ago. That said, the kicker missing that FG was almost irrelevant at that point. Yes, I think it makes it a one possession game but at that point our D was so gassed and deflated, we weren't going to get a stop. We needed a TD for momentum and to give the D more rest.
AJ's first drop, and his overall tendency to disappear in big games sometimes, was a bigger issue.

Who lost us this game in order:
1. Vrabel
2. AJ Brown
3. Art Smith's 3rd and 2 play call
4. The punter

Dont say that people gonna call you a MM8 nut swinger. But I agree, Tannys looking a lot like Miami Tanny right now.

It’s just factual information lol can’t really debate that he’s had 4 bad games in a row. Franchise QB’s don’t have 4 bad games in a row.

Now we are making the same excuses for Tannehill as we did for all other QB’s. At some point you have to have the $30 million player step up and make plays. He was elite for his first 16 games here but since we played the Steelers defenses have figured out something.

It’s like Lamar this year. He was elite last year but we put the script out in the playoffs for how to contain him. This is what makes the NFL so difficult teams will adjust and figure out ways to stop what you’re doing. Elite players adjust back and still be elite. We’ll see what happens the rest of the way.

Special Teams keeps F**king us on a weekly basis. Just my two cents , but I'm more afraid of our own kicker and punter than the opposing offense or defense ...

It’s just factual information lol can’t really debate that he’s had 4 bad games in a row. Franchise QB’s don’t have 4 bad games in a row.

Now we are making the same excuses for Tannehill as we did for all other QB’s. At some point you have to have the $30 million player step up and make plays. He was elite for his first 16 games here but since we played the Steelers defenses have figured out something.

It’s like Lamar this year. He was elite last year but we put the script out in the playoffs for how to contain him. This is what makes the NFL so difficult teams will adjust and figure out ways to stop what you’re doing. Elite players adjust back and still be elite. We’ll see what happens the rest of the way.
He hasn't had 4 bad games. He's had 1 bad game and 3 not great games. Big difference. In that span, how many drops have we had? How many sacks in under 3 seconds? How many knock downs? It's easy to look at him, but he's not at fault. Coaching is the problem. Play calling, lack of focus, energy, and momentum (all parts of coaching) are the problems. Tannehill is actually playing well given the circumstances. With the exception of yesterday, Henry hasn't been playing great either.

Can you imagine how much worse it would be if we didn't have Henry's production? This offense is nothing if Henry isn't producing.

Can you imagine how much worse it would be if we didn't have Henry's production? This offense is nothing if Henry isn't producing.
Yet we move away from him at the goal line lol...laughable sometimes.
Jonnu doesnt get used until the goal line, he needs to be used more, open things up for Brown and Davis...run Henry down there throats

After last night I'd be signing Davis, showed alot of toughness and heart...hes a great #2 at the least

I'm not trying to be a Tanny homer here, but what stood out to me was the drops, not the poor passing. Namely by AJ. How many did he have? Four? Including one that was a sure TD? That's not on Tannehill...

Yet we move away from him at the goal line lol...laughable sometimes.
Jonnu doesnt get used until the goal line, he needs to be used more, open things up for Brown and Davis...run Henry down there throats

After last night I'd be signing Davis, showed alot of toughness and heart...hes a great #2 at the least
he had some critical drops last week, too.. but I guess it happens. This team misses Humphries.. He was making key plays before he was sidelined.

If they let Davis leave without offering at least a fair offer, I sure hope they have a good alternative, because they don't, at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back