Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Was at the Titans at Jets game, I mean Jets at Titans game. I was in total shock as to how many Jets fans flooded the area and game. Their fans were literally louder than our fans.

This game was identical to last week in every way. Levis has just got to stop with these boneheaded plays that has cost us 2 games. Just felt like we were headed for 14-0 or at the very least 10-0. Going up 2 possessions would have made the Jets one dimensional and that would have completely worked to our advantage.

0-2 but feels like we should be 2-0. My mind is just so cloudy on the future of this team, because we did a complete roster overhaul and I think it's going to happen again on the offense in the offseason, because I just can't see Burks, Hopkins, Chig, Boyd and the right side of the OL being around after this season. That could also mean that Levis could be replaced if improvement isn't made.

Hopefully we can turn it around but with no threats on offense besides Pollard, Spears and Ridley, piss poor QB play and awful play calling by Callahan, I think it's going to be more of the same thing like we've seen the last 3 years.

Was at the Titans at Jets game, I mean Jets at Titans game. I was in total shock as to how many Jets fans flooded the area and game. Their fans were literally louder than our fans.

This game was identical to last week in every way. Levis has just got to stop with these boneheaded plays that has cost us 2 games. Just felt like we were headed for 14-0 or at the very least 10-0. Going up 2 possessions would have made the Jets one dimensional and that would have completely worked to our advantage.

0-2 but feels like we should be 2-0. My mind is just so cloudy on the future of this team, because we did a complete roster overhaul and I think it's going to happen again on the offense in the offseason, because I just can't see Burks, Hopkins, Chig, Boyd and the right side of the OL being around after this season. That could also mean that Levis could be replaced if improvement isn't made.

Hopefully we can turn it around but with no threats on offense besides Pollard, Spears and Ridley, piss poor QB play and awful play calling by Callahan, I think it's going to be more of the same thing like we've seen the last 3 years.
That really sucks to hear about the crowd. My biggest concern is that gets worse with the new stadium.

I’ve seen the LA crowds. They don’t give a F about the Chargers and are about half hearted for the Rams so the stadium is mostly impartial.

Nashville isn’t LA, but I really want to see the return of the coliseum.

That really sucks to hear about the crowd. My biggest concern is that gets worse with the new stadium.

I’ve seen the LA crowds. They don’t give a F about the Chargers and are about half hearted for the Rams so the stadium is mostly impartial.

Not with fantasy football. Was sickening seeing Titans fans in the section I was sitting in more focused with their fantasy stats on their phones. Going to one more game next week against the Packers and then I'm probably done. Would rather be at home anyways. At least on TV a 3 yard run doesn't look like 8 yards.

They put the “pain train” on start of 4q, the old Wyatt Earp clips etc I was the person in my section that knew what those were. Sad.

Callahan has to get Levis outside the pocket more like Art Smith was doing with Tannehill. I know Henry isn't here, but Levis is just not the pocket QB that we want. With the speed of Pollard and Spears, play action and having Levis rollout would be legit.
Levis looked pretty bad when he rolled out today granted the right side of the line is trash, but it almost seems like if he feels any pressure he panics.

the plan is upperdeck visitors filling up downtown hotels and restaurants/bars
lowerlevel high dollar business PSL

there is no plan, other than 'mosh pit', for Titans fans

Levis looked pretty bad when he rolled out today granted the right side of the line is trash, but it almost seems like if he feels any pressure he panics.
Right side of the OL looks extremely bad. We maybe play musical chairs this season on that side. I saw they bought in Duncan and Brunskill a few times to help out as a 6th OL.

I knew that the OL would take time to jell, but I didn't think we'd start out this bad.

Understood, and it is frustrating for me to hear as well. I do not live in Nashville, so my experience is from outside of the area.

This dynamic of more road team fans at a game is nothing new (that has been going on as long as the team has been there). When I go to Nashville for a game (stay downtown) I am always stunned by the sheer number of opponent fans in town.

The fact is that Nashville, much like Vegas, is a tourist destination IMO, so there will always be that push for opponent fans showing up. I am not sure that this will change much, regardless of team success here.

Callahan has to get Levis outside the pocket more like Art Smith was doing with Tannehill. I know Henry isn't here, but Levis is just not the pocket QB that we want. With the speed of Pollard and Spears, play action and having Levis rollout would be legit.
One of the things I saw today was the lack of accuracy, even on short throws, while moving away from the pocket.
Maybe it was an off day, but what I saw leads me to find a way to keep him in the pocket almost strictly.

Understood, and it is frustrating for me to hear as well. I do not live in Nashville, so my experience is from outside of the area.

This dynamic of more road team fans at a game is nothing new (that has been going on as long as the team has been there). When I go to Nashville for a game (stay downtown) I am always stunned by the sheer number of opponent fans in town.

The fact is that Nashville, much like Vegas, is a tourist destination IMO, so there will always be that push for opponent fans showing up. I am not sure that this will change much, regardless of team success here.
A part of me wonders if the titans fans have to start getting nasty so nobody wants to go there.
I have a hard time believing the titans go on enough winning seasons to start packing the house with homers, so next next thing is drive away visitors?

not a thing till like 2010ish

Missed the game live as was working but now caught up. Such a frustrating start to the season to be 0-2 with so many self inflicted errors, blowing two winnable games.

My observations:
Levis was better yesterday but the bone headed fumble will get all the attention. He needs to cut out these nightmare plays in a hurry.

Burks just can't help this team. Yes the INT was thrown into double coverage but just make a play for once as it was there to be made. Outmuscled and resulting in a pick sums him up and his career. The only surprise was he didnt hobble off and go to the medical tent.

O line still an issue

Playcalling was meh

D wilted late in key situation and although played well overall, forced no turnovers / game changing plays

ST gaff again is embarrassing.

Overall it still feels like this team can be competitive this year if we stop getting in our own way. we have also been a bit unlucky over the 2 weeks but that doesn't excuse the -5 turnover ratio (-7 if you include punt blocks). Not winning football.

Last edited:
not a thing till like 2010ish
This. When we had a QB and an identity, (circa 2000) we had like 5 years is sold out games. The parking lot literally ROCKED with tailgates, hot women, and a party atmosphere. Then the team during the cap strapped era and the NFL started a “family” game atmosphere that had fans turning in other fans for raucous behavior that included being “too loud”.

We’ll never again get that back which is too bad because it was an amazing time to be a Titan fan.

Latest posts

Back