Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Steeler fan this week asked on Sirius radio if the hosts thought Eddie would be a good replacement for Bettis in Pittsburgh given that Staley battles so many injuries. They had a good chuckle with that.

but think if we retired everyones number that had a lot of accomplishments, pretty soon there wouldnt be enough numbers for our team to wear

cdy_hitt said:
Does anyone have an idea when the the jerseys of our FA signings will be available???
It doesn't matter for us Brits.

We have a choice between Eddie George........and Eddie George:wall: :cry:

LazyManJackson said:

It doesn't matter for us Brits.

We have a choice between Eddie George........and Eddie George:wall: :cry:

Ha! - At least us real vikings has some better choices! - We have McNair and... - McNair!

Jeff...

Wouldn't bother me at all to see a #27 out there. Eddie was not walter payton, he will not be in the hall of fame. Eddie proabably would be more deserving of having his number retired than wycheck. He made twice as many pro bowls and never missed a game which is a significant accomplishment.

The only jersey number that should be untouchable in my mind would be bruce matthews. To be that good that long is simply extrordinary and he was the best player in franchise history.

Consider this...

I mentioned this stat on another thread but it puts wycheck in perspective. 6 TEs had more yards receiving in 2005 than wycheck had in his best season. Wycheck had 768 yards in 1998 his personal best. Antonio gates had 1100 yards receiving this year. Can you honestly say that wycheck was a better player then than a todd heap, jason witten or shockley now? No and he couldn't touch a gonzales or gates. Even in an era in which there were not as many good TEs wycheck only made 2 pro bowls.

Good player, i loved the guy but not an all time great.

Funny...

KamikaZ said:
Yeah, Wychek isn't an all-time great. More of a solid player who was really loyal to the franchise and is well liked here.

You can replace wycheck with mcnair in that sentence and what do they do?

I can agree with RollTide on the fact that Bruce Mathews is one of the only players in Titan/Oiler history to deserve a number retiring.

Frankly I don't care.

RollTide said:
Wouldn't bother me at all to see a #27 out there. Eddie was not walter payton, he will not be in the hall of fame. Eddie proabably would be more deserving of having his number retired than wycheck. He made twice as many pro bowls and never missed a game which is a significant accomplishment.
I'm not saying whether or not #89 or #27 should be retired. But I do think it shows respect to not throw someone in that jersey too soon. In the case of Givens, there wasn't an option.

TitanJeff said:
In the case of Givens, there wasn't an option.
sure there was. WRs are allowed to wear numbers in the teens now, but what are we going to tell him? "no, you can't have 89."

"why not, has it been issued?"

"nope."

bigtitan53279 said:
sure there was. WRs are allowed to wear numbers in the teens now, but what are we going to tell him? "no, you can't have 89."

"why not, has it been issued?"

"nope."
Meaning, if he wanted a number in the 80's, that was the only option.

i mean i play football, and numbers may seem like not a big deal but sometiems ppl want numbers for pride, and it makes u feel good to put on some numbers, idk i think 89 is getting popular, and it may look nice on him......mabey when wycheck makes it to the HOF then retire it, same with eddie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back