Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's part of this huge old/young transition. So many of our former greats are gone, and their numbers are changing. 89 was vacant for two years, I think it's ok to let givens have it, he should do good things for it. The FO is definitely trying to revamp the team and get us some new names to remember. Last year that was tricky sometimes.

LazyManJackson said:
I don't think Eddie will be in the Hall of Fame
He can always buy a ticket like the rest of us... :ha:

I don't know if they will retire Eddie's number, or just his jersey. There are only so many numbers to go around.

As for #89, they held it out for a few years. But they can't really retire a number in the 80's. They are basically all used every year as it is.

LazyManJackson said:
I can agree with RollTide on the fact that Bruce Mathews is one of the only players in Titan/Oiler history to deserve a number retiring.

Wait a minute...what about Earl Campbell? As a matter of fact, I think his number is retired.

hope will wear 23 , mawe will wear 68 , givens is 89 i guess and thorton will be 50.. and of course Young wearing that number 10 like on the cover of sports illistrated for kids lol

LazyManJackson said:
I was gonna say Campbell aswell but I forgot if his number was retired or not, anyone?

Yeah Dude, Earl's #34 was retired, so were:
74 Bruce Matthews
63 Mike Munchak
65 Elvin Bethea
43 Jim Norton (all-time AFL interception leader)

RyansTitans said:
hope will wear 23 , mawe will wear 68 , givens is 89 i guess and thorton will be 50.. and of course Young wearing that number 10 like on the cover of sports illistrated for kids lol

Whats this about Vince?? can you post the picture or a long to the picture

What about #20?

Should we retire henry's jersey now or just wait until after he makes the hall of fame?

What about hall member warren moon? I think we can part with his number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back