Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta give this coaching staff credit. After a 2-4 start, and some growing pains from an inexperienced OC, these guys have out played and coached some of the best coaches in the league.

Knee jerk reaction was to call for their heads after a few losses or a bad start to the season but being patient was prudent. The tough decision to bench our supposed franchise QB was the best move of the year. It uncorked a stagnate offense and sent us on our way.

I will add that I’m not a big fan of the “bend but don’t break” defense. It can be really frustrating to watch sometimes. Repeated 3 & forever being converted. Numerous 15-20-30 yards gouges at a clip.

With that said, this defense does seem to clamp down when it counts and create opportune turnovers and short yardage stands. Goal line stand against the Patriots last week and 4- 4th down stops yesterday was a thing a beauty. Holding the NFLs highest scoring offense to 12 points even while running up over 500 yards is almost a miracle!

I will add that I’m not a big fan of the “bend but don’t break” defense. It can be really frustrating to watch sometimes. Repeated 3 & forever being converted. Numerous 15-20-30 yards gouges at a clip.

I despise that Prevent gets defended as "it keeps big plays from happening!" but isnt the point of a big plays to get huge chunks of yardage? Watching Lamar'n'em march down nearly the whole field in three or four plays tells me it's a scheme that just doesnt work just like it never did when Schwartz was running it all the time.

I despise that Prevent gets defended as "it keeps big plays from happening!" but isnt the point of a big plays to get huge chunks of yardage? Watching Lamar'n'em march down nearly the whole field in three or four plays tells me it's a scheme that just doesnt work just like it never did when Schwartz was running it all the time.
I fucking hate that defense. If you want to allow the other team to drive down the field as fast as possible, run that defense. It is just stupid.

Gotta give this coaching staff credit. After a 2-4 start, and some growing pains from an inexperienced OC, these guys have out played and coached some of the best coaches in the league.

Knee jerk reaction was to call for their heads after a few losses or a bad start to the season but being patient was prudent. The tough decision to bench our supposed franchise QB was the best move of the year. It uncorked a stagnate offense and sent us on our way.
I have a list as long as my leg when it comes to knocks against Mariota, but one of the biggest knocks... the players played worse with Mariota. A good qb raises the level of play around him. We had the exact opposite with Mariota.

Do People still think Mularkeys one playoff win makes him better than Vrabel?

giphy.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back