Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Welcome to the 2021 NFL Draft Thread: Day 2. Consider this like the Game Day Thread where members can hang out and discuss whatever is happening.

Once the Titans take a player, we'll start a new thread on the pick in the Titans & NFL Talk forum.

Second round is always the best round IMO.

Still tons of talent left in this round. Got to go with WR or edge rusher with our next pick.

I feel like pass rush really falls off after round 2. If we could land Ojulari, Ossai, or Basham then go WR in the 3rd, I like that better than WR in the 2nd and trying to find a pass rusher in the 3rd. Basham would be a great pick!

Dream scenario:

53: Basham
85: Tutu Atwell/Anthony Schwartz
100: Tommy Tremble

Can you imagine adding a 4.2 WR in Atwell or Schwartz then a TE in Tremble that runs 4.37!?

I feel like pass rush really falls off after round 2. If we could land Ojulari, Ossai, or Basham then go WR in the 3rd, I like that better than WR in the 2nd and trying to find a pass rusher in the 3rd. Basham would be a great pick!

Dream scenario:

Can you imagine adding a 4.2 WR in Atwell or Schwartz then a TE in Tremble that runs 4.37!?
I agree with you 100 percent Edge starts to really fall off after round 2.

Dream scenario:

Let's draft football players not track stars
Atwell won't hold up in the NFL...doesn't surprise with a name like TuTu lol

If we don’t land a quality edge in the draft, there is still a chance in FA with Kerrigan and Houston still unsigned. That could buy some time.
They can do this with OT as well. The two guys from KC are still out there if they aren't happy with Lamm or Sambraillo.

Dream scenario:

You have to take 40 times with a grain of salt this year. There's been more sub 4.4 forty times "recorded" this yr than ever before. They aren't using same format the combine uses, so you there's a lot of uncertainty. I have no doubt Tremble is fast. Probably in the 4.4-4.5 range, which is lightning for a TE. But it's unlikely he's the fastest TE ever.

Ojulari and Ossai are the only edges worth taking in round 2, imo. Not a fan of Basham.

My day 2 list in no particular order:

Elijah Moore
Rondale Moore
Dyami Brown
Pat Freirmuth
Tommy Tremble
Brevin Jordan
Tevin Jenkins
Dillon Radunz
Walker Little
Samuel Cosmi
James Hudson
Quinn Meinerz
Trey Smith
Jackson Carman
Azeez Ojuari
Joseph Ossai
Dayo Odeyingbo
Patrick Jones II
Christian Barmore
Alim McNeil
Jay Tufele
Trevon Moehrig
Richie Grant

Give me some combo of 3 of these guys and I'll be happy.

I don't want us to trade up in the 2nd using either of our 3rd rnd picks this yr...just too much talent left on the board at areas of need for us to make a move like that...I'd be ok trading our 5th this yr and 3rd next yr to move up if we just have to have a guy.....but I really think we can just stick and pick and fill a position of need.

I'd be willing to be that we do move up. May not cost too much depending on how far up we plan on moving. If it's 5-6 spots or so, probably a 4 this year and a 5 in 2022. If we're moving up 10+ spots, it's gonna cost a 3rd.

I would rather grab a “ premium” guy than just fill a hole with a position. We’ve had enough average Joes fill spots, particularly at WR. I don’t want another Sharpe or Taylor, or any of the other J.A.G. A difference maker is worth spending some draft capital on.

Gotta go edge in the 2nd. Getting up to grab Ojulari or Boogie Basham would be EPIC. If somehow we can’t get there, Perkins or Cam Sample in the 3rd would be nice.

Get a WR in the 3rd, there will be tons of quality slot guys there.

Gotta go edge in the 2nd. Getting up to grab Ojulari or Boogie Basham would be EPIC. If somehow we can’t get there, Perkins or Cam Sample in the 3rd would be nice.

Get a WR in the 3rd, there will be tons of quality slot guys there.
Brent Daugherty made a great point today: We have 9 picks this year. Are 9 rookies going to make the team? Probably not. Use the draft capital to your advantage and move up to take one of the elite guys left. I personally like Basham, but would also be happy with Ojulari or Ossai.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back