Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Does anyone ever feel hopeless about the Titans organization as a fan?

I used to love Sundays and be amped all week but now I mainly just flip back to the Titans game while watching others. There's so many issues with this team and we haven't been mildly successful in such a long time that I wonder if anyone else tends to lose interest?

I never feel "hopeless". I look at our team and see talent, this always leads me to believe we'll get better, yet here we are (again) lol.

I refuse to think I suck at evaluating players because if you look at my mocks I post around draft time they're pretty spot on. Of all the players I put my seal of approval on the only one I got wrong was Limas Sweed then Jake Locker many years later (but if you recall I always said from before that draft Jake Locker was a project).

We're either; A.) a terribly coached team OR B.) just a bunch of individuals who dont give 2 chits about the team. Or maybe even both, because we do have some quality players other teams would easily succeed with. Case in point Akeem Ayers.

I never feel "hopeless". I look at our team and see talent, this always leads me to believe we'll get better, yet here we are (again) lol.

I refuse to think I suck at evaluating players because if you look at my mocks I post around draft time they're pretty spot on. Of all the players I put my seal of approval on the only one I got wrong was Limas Sweed then Jake Locker many years later (but if you recall I always said from before that draft Jake Locker was a project).

We're either; A.) a terribly coached team OR B.) just a bunch of individuals who dont give 2 chits about the team. Or maybe even both, because we do have some quality players other teams would easily succeed with. Case in point Akeem Ayers.
Ya. I don't feel hopeless.. I do feel like the franchise is hopeless.

Ya. I don't feel hopeless.. I do feel like the franchise is hopeless.
I read from dozens of Cardinal fans about Whis, and they foretold this would happen. But they also said if he's got his pieces he's good to go.

Obviously many of the 2014 Titans dont fit his plan, this hopefully works itself out in a season time.

I used to be full of optimism about this franchise, but now I truly am hopeless. I remember the Titans as a physical juggernaut- that even if we lost the game, the team we played couldn't win their next game because they were so beat up. The Titans had an identity. Can anyone tell me what our identity is today? Seems to me over the last decade the word would have to be "directionless". Even our players don't seem to have a fire within them, or any accountability from the coaching staff for their poor actions and play. What happened to the smash mouth Titans that I used to know and love to watch?

Ponder this though..
Those super bowls won by Tampa and New Orleans were undoubtedly sweeter than any single game ever won by Dallas/Steelers/Pats etc.

If it comes - it will be more epic to be a Titans fan than a bandwagon fan that didn't go to school like we have..

I'm pretty down myself.. Feel like we won't get good for another 4-5 years, and that's *IF* we get this *THIS* rebuilding stage right, because we got the last 2 wrong..

Yeah- I'm def discouraged. 4 year re-build to be a playoff winner. Maybe payoff 1 and done in 3 years IF Mett solid.

What makes it bad to wtch is we have ZERO play-makers. We've missed bad on early round picks.

I'm loyal til I die but nowadays I just expect us to suck and anything more is just a bonus. Got sucked into the off season spin too many time and been burned to let it happen again.

I used to watch 3-4 games a week as I loved football. For a while the Titans turned me off watching other games after our crap game. Now I watch at least one game a week besides the Titans just so I can appreciate what its like to watch a good game.

I don't feel hopeless. This teams success or failure will affect my life, ZERO!
Sure, would love to enjoy success. But at the end of the day, it's not MY humiliation. It's not MY embarrassment. It's not MY legacy that I sucked asss as a pro. Nope. That's all theirs To embrace.

You ask if I feel hopeless, nope. When they play in this fashion I feel Apathy. Nothing less, nothing more.

They are who they are-the legacy of an old man who outlived his football knowledge(if he ever had any) and the children who I don't feel have a clue about what running a successful team requires. I find it difficult to believe that people who know little to nothing of the game and what it takes to run a successful team year in and year out can ever come up with a winning program. jmo

Ponder this though..
Those super bowls won by Tampa and New Orleans were undoubtedly sweeter than any single game ever won by Dallas/Steelers/Pats etc.

If it comes - it will be more epic to be a Titans fan than a bandwagon fan that didn't go to school like we have..

And this is why being a Titans fan isn't the worst thing ever.

If the Steelers won the Super Bowl this year it would be the equivalent of a 3 game win streak for us. Great, but not amazing. A SB win for us would be the best damn thing in the world.

Wins mean more to us. It would be nice to be able to go into LP knowing (or having faith) that we'll win, but sometimes the unknown makes things more exciting.

No way. Id never let the Titans ruin my Sunday.

I love football but I also know when to turn that switch on. We suck, expect nothing. If its so horrible, don't watch it. (Advice that I've taken. I don't center my Sundays around this crappy team)

Our time will come again. We just have to hope its in our lifetime.

I feel greatly concerned that this is 6 long years of no playoffs and that we have a culture and attitude of losing. Do we even have any Titans players left that went to the playoffs as Titans players? Just Roos?

I want to see the organizational change so that we are a competitor again. I don't feel hopeless about Whis but I feel a lot less optimistic about he being the coach to get it done than I did before the season.

No way. Id never let the Titans ruin my Sunday
I used to let this team ruin my Sundays. And often I'd let them ruin the next day or two after a loss as well. Now I just don't care that much.

Apathy has spread throughout even the most diehard of this fanbase. It's a sad state of affairs.

I feel greatly concerned that this is 6 long years of no playoffs and that we have a culture and attitude of losing. Do we even have any Titans players left that went to the playoffs as Titans players? Just Roos?
Whiffin is the only other one I can think of.

I used to let this team ruin my Sundays. And often I'd let them ruin the next day or two after a loss as well. Now I just don't care that much.

Apathy has spread throughout even the most diehard of this fanbase. It's a sad state of affairs.

sadly I feel the same , this team has given me NOTHING to be excited about. Even if we were losing and had a direction I would be somewhat excited but we are heading nowhere real fast yet again and we wont be anywhere for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back