Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soxcat said:
Again I don't understand your point. We are really only talking about Volek being a stop gap until the franchise guy is ready which could take a couple of years. As far as jumping off a bridge because Volek might be the starter is a little drastic considering the guy might do fairly well if he is the #1 guy and gets a chance to play. Basically he is not any more experienced than a 2nd or 3rd year guy based on the number of games he has started. 2004 was about the same as his rookie year and he did well. He only started one game last year. He has had a year under Chow and appears to have better WRs this year and hopefully the running game will be improved. If our OL, running game and WRs don't improve over last year it will not matter who our starting QB is we will be picking in the top 10 of the draft again anyway.
A stopgap QB is only going to slow our return to the next dynasty.

Personally I think the only thing that will keep Volek from being a good starter is the Oline. If he has solid protection he can make the throws needed to win. Our Oline sucked last year, I really think that having some young blood out there (Roos, Stewart, Bell) with strong vet leadership coming from the interior, Billy can flourish. He's got accuracy and arm strength, he just needs a little more time to set up. I agree that he isn't a franchise QB but can definately take the reigns until one is ready (much like Kitna of the Bengals). I really don't think we will totally suck with him, but we won't be any better starting a rookie if McNair is out of the picture.

royhobbs said:
Can you say 3-13, 4-12, 5-11??? Can you say last place? Can you say bye, bye Jeff Fisher?

Wow nothing like bashing the team five months before the season starts. Let him play the first game if he is the Starting QB before you start in. But hey hater will be haters. :irked:

titansfan9 said:
Maddox?
Fielder?

I like Maddox a lot.

Do you know what is funny about you bringing up Maddox. Ever since Keith Bulluck laid his A$$ out 3 years ago, he has never been the same. They had to bring out the stretcher and he spent the night in Nashville. That's why he lost the job to Big Ben.

maximus said:
A stopgap QB is only going to slow our return to the next dynasty.

We are not in a great situation either way you look at it. Either we keep McNair and don't have his 10 million to spend on more FAs or we go out and get a guy like Ty Law, dump McNair and hope our rookie can be ready in year 2 while Billy holds down the fort.

Still, if McNair leaves and plays for another team and Billy is our starter it would be interesting to see how their production compares at years end. Who will have the better stats and who will miss the most games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back