Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can't keep Conk, Peters is a great short term answer and would allow us to draft an OT outside the 1st round that we could develop. Peters has still been an elite tackle despite his age.

I wouldn’t trust peters to stay healthy at this point, seems like his body is breaking down.

I mean other than Conklin, every option we're realistically looking at are gonna have some red flags. Injuries are a concern with just about anyone. Peters has only missed 3 games the last 2 years and he remains an elite tackle.

Baluga or Castonzo would also be nice, but they likely will also be more expensive. For 2 seasons, I think Peters a worthwhile gamble.

I think best case-scenario is, we extend Tannne, transition tag Henry, and franchise tag Conk.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean other than Conklin, every option we're realistically looking at are gonna have some red flags. Injuries are a concern with just about anyone. Peters has only missed 3 games the last 2 years and he remains an elite tackle.

Baluga or Castonzo would also be nice, but they likely will also be more expensive. For 2 seasons, I think Peters a worthwhile gamble.

I think best case-scenario is, we extend Tannne, transition tag Henry, and franchise tag Conk.
Can only do both tags if cba is voted down. Also we wouldn't transition Henry. Someone would offer him a contract that we can't match and we lose him with nothing in return.

Tag and trade Conk if it looks like he want 18mil or something ridiculous. Could def get a first for him and this draft is deep at OT.

We'll need a CB too.
Need?
We have 2 pretty solid CBs. That’s more than most of the league and if the pass rush improves like we need it to, then even avg CBs get better.
Keep Brock, draft a CB late is fine, sign a FA, keep Hooker. All decent choices.

High draft capital should not be spent on CB.

Need?
We have 2 pretty solid CBs. That’s more than most of the league and if the pass rush improves like we need it to, then even avg CBs get better.
Keep Brock, draft a CB late is fine, sign a FA, keep Hooker. All decent choices.

I disagree, in that I'm probably taking BPA at 29 as long as that isn't a RB, WR, QB, TE, or ILB.

If Conklin wants LT money, let him walk. He is a RT who is good in run blocking and very average in pass protection. There is no way in hell he should be making more than Lewan.

Need?

We will need a cb if hooker can step in as the nb we will just need depth. If not we will need a nb and we will have the backups. Not our biggest need but it is one.

If Conklin wants LT money, let him walk. He is a RT who is good in run blocking and very average in pass protection. There is no way in hell he should be making more than Lewan.
Thats not the reality of the NFL anymore. You dont have to be the best to make the most now. Whoever is next man up for a deal tends to reset the market.

Thats not the reality of the NFL anymore. You dont have to be the best to make the most now. Whoever is next man up for a deal tends to reset the market.

Sure, but I wouldn’t want to reset it with Conklin. Henry, OK, but not Conk. He can be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back