Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cap is only growing, in 3 years Conk being todays top dollar Tackle will look a lot different when you line up the contracts next year and beyond

Sure and that will be true for all salaries across the board. Salary cap going up does not mean you should overpay a guy you can replace for less.

Sure and that will be true for all salaries across the board. Salary cap going up does not mean you should overpay a guy you can replace for less.
Turning the roster is always a challenge, but we have the cap space to get back one of the best RTs. If JR wants to do that then fine.

I also agree with those of you suggesting we just draft a guy. RT would be one of the easier things to replace.

We also have Kelly as an option so Im not concerned with how we attack the RT spot. We have several options

Turning the roster is always a challenge, but we have the cap space to get back one of the best RTs. If JR wants to do that then fine.

I also agree with those of you suggesting we just draft a guy. RT would be one of the easier things to replace.

We also have Kelly as an option so Im not concerned with how we attack the RT spot. We have several options

Is he really one of the best right tackles? If he really is then maybe he is worth it. But I have my doubts on that assessment. I would prefer drafting his replacement, as you suggest. Will be interesting to see what they do.

Kelly had some struggles in relief. Not sure I would want him full time.

Kelly had some struggles in relief. Not sure I would want him full time.
This is my thought, and why I'd like us to do what we can to keep Conklin. This offense finally looked impressive last year. I don't want any dropoff at any position. That said, if he's money hungry and doesn't care about winning, go chase that $20M and suffer as a Jet.

If Conklin wants LT money, let him walk. He is a RT who is good in run blocking and very average in pass protection. There is no way in hell he should be making more than Lewan.

In general, I agree. But if Conk will be a UFA, he'll pretty much be the best one available and he's only 25. He's gonna get paid from someone.

I would assume if he does walk being a first round pick and a high one, that we would get back a 3rd round compensation pick in 2021

Good Tackles dont get cut, if someone at that position is being cut March whatever, theyre not good and that team thinks they can upgrade. Perhaps they view Conk as an option. Which would increase the top Tackles stock
Ya through me with bad tackles don’t get cut... Makes me aspire to being a bad tackle.

I hate to screw around with the line’s chemistry and I hate to spend a draft pick on OL instead of defense.

I would love to keep everyone and find a pass rusher in FA and thus go into the draft without a need....but if that isn’t possible then I think it would be easier to find a decent OT where we are drafting compared to an impact Edge rusher...I’ll pay for an edge rusher in FA

Much more OT depth in the draft this year than edge. That being said, I definitely see us grabbing an Edge FA and drafting a CB 1st if we keep Conk or replace him with one of the guys above. Don’t need another inexperienced player on the right side of the line.

I don't think conk is gone. I think there are to many qbs available this year and we get tanny to sign for a decent price (which for qbs now is still a stupid high number), probably around 3 yr 60m, 50m guaranteed. Then i think we get henry to sign something like 5 yr 75m, 50m guaranteed. If we do that we can tag conk, if he won't sign.

I don't think conk is gone. I think there are to many qbs available this year and we get tanny to sign for a decent price (which for qbs now is still a stupid high number), probably around 3 yr 60m, 50m guaranteed. Then i think we get henry to sign something like 5 yr 75m, 50m guaranteed. If we do that we can tag conk, if he won't sign.

Well you got to get both done by Monday because that is the deadline for your tags. And there is no way Tannehill signs for 20 a year by Monday. He would be a fool. I highly doubt he signs for less than 25 per year, but no way he does so by Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back