Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's mostly because of the physical nature of the team. Vrabel likely demands more out of the bodies of our players than most teams do. Changing the strength and conditioning wouldn't do anything, it's the price you pay for a physical team. Which is another reason the Buffalo/Kansas City/Cincinatti model is more sustainable and successful.

I think it's mostly because of the physical nature of the team. Vrabel likely demands more out of the bodies of our players than most teams do. Changing the strength and conditioning wouldn't do anything, it's the price you pay for a physical team. Which is another reason the Buffalo/Kansas City/Cincinatti model is more sustainable and successful.
Yep all those missed tackles are tough on the body

It's football...players get hurt. You can't "strength and condition" or coach your way out of concussions, broken bones, ligament injury etc etc when you have 200-300+ lb grown men flying around TRYING to punish each other. Plus the pile ups etc that happen in football.

They just don’t make football players like the used to. Oh I stubbed my toe I’m out for 6 months. The moneys ruined them. I know injuries are unavoidable in football but these days seems most don’t care how many games they miss because they’re paid so much.

At this point, I think everyone that has anything to do with medical and conditioning involved with the team needs fired.

That should help with our slew of injuries, but doubt it helps our offense playcalling

They just don’t make football players like the used to. Oh I stubbed my toe I’m out for 6 months. The moneys ruined them. I know injuries are unavoidable in football but these days seems most don’t care how many games they miss because they’re paid so much.

Coaches/GMs also have to protect their high dollar investments... Hold a player out 2-3 games or risk losing (and paying them) them for 10+.

I'm sure there's some of that happening...for the most part though, it's just that players get hurt and it's no longer acceptable to send players out there seeing stars or with bones protruding from their skin.

Coaches/GMs also have to protect their high dollar investments... Hold a player out 2-3 games or risk losing (and paying them) them for 10+.
I think this is mostly the case actually. NBA started the trend, all the other leagues have followed suit. It makes sense, albeit frustrating

I’m not convinced that either Jax or Ind can win enough games to surpass even a 7-10 titans team.

Bad titans vs bad Jags, I’ll call split (which should win division alone)
Bad titans vs bad Texans. Texans are really, really bad. Should be a W
chargers are far from a guaranteed loss. Their issue is stopping the run. Not a guarantee W either.
Currently, Dallas should route Tennessee. I’ll say it stays close because Tennessee and logic.

I don't expect it to happen, but it becomes a lot more likely least for the Jags. Colts have virtually no hope since we hold the tie breaker. But a loss this weekend means that week 17 might be played for the division. We're traveling across the country to play SD, and that generally doesn't bode well for the traveling team.

I think this is mostly the case actually. NBA started the trend, all the other leagues have followed suit. It makes sense, albeit frustrating
what GoT said pages back... 'load management' and it dont make sense in football why Titans are the only team, seemingly, to be doing it

Fjy-nPHWYAA1hVw

Titans Training Staff
View attachment 20298

Eagles Training Staff
View attachment 20299
View attachment 20300

The Titans have half a dozen people to tape ankles, and I can't find a single person related to strength and conditioning in their job title.

The Eagles on the other hand have several sports science and strength and conditioning staff. It's almost like that kind of thing is important...

Edit: I found two people for the Titans, Frank Piraino and Tyle Rouse, who are titled under sports performance in the coaches section. That's it.

Titans Training Staff
View attachment 20298

Eagles Training Staff
View attachment 20299
View attachment 20300

The Titans have half a dozen people to tape ankles, and I can't find a single person related to strength and conditioning in their job title.

The Eagles on the other hand have several sports science and strength and conditioning staff. It's almost like that kind of thing is important...

Edit: I found two people for the Titans, Frank Piraino and Tyle Rouse, who are titled under sports performance in the coaches section. That's it.
Time to hire DDP. Those guys will be ready.

Nobody has mentioned it, but is that Derrick Morgan Vegan Diet chit still getting passed around the locker room? These boys are brittle as F!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back