Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pick is only half the equation. If they get a first, Atlanta is going to be eating a healthy chunk of his cap hit. If they want to get out paying nothing, they won't get a first or probably a second even.

I don't think his cap hit is unreasonable this yr and is certainly not the next 2 yrs. The reason the Falcons are considering getting rid of him is because they need cap space in the worst way. So I don't think they are going to be willing to take on any more of his cap space.

I can see JRob trading a 2nd that can become a first based off games played/production. I could also see a scenario where we trade a 1st and we get Julio and the Falcons 3rd rnd pick.

I don't think his cap hit is unreasonable this yr and is certainly not the next 2 yrs. The reason the Falcons are considering getting rid of him is because they need cap space in the worst way. So I don't think they are going to be willing to take on any more of his cap space.

I can see JRob trading a 2nd that can become a first based off games played/production. I could also see a scenario where we trade a 1st and we get Julio and the Falcons 3rd rnd pick.

They wouldnt be taking on more than what his cap hit already is.

Think about it like this (figures are made up)

Julios cap hit this year is $15m for the Falcons if he stays

Titans - we'll give you a 1st round pick, but only if you take $5m of his cap hit, and we take $10m. If you want us to take all $15km, a 2nd is the best we can do.

Its like with Tannehill, the Dolphins basically paid his salary and took on his cap hit for us in his first year with the Titans.

If JR is on the hot seat it’s because his throne has seat-warmers or he was foolish enough to get the super-hot at Prince’s Hot Chicken.

If JR is on the hot seat it’s because his throne has seat-warmers or he was foolish enough to get the super-hot at Prince’s Hot Chicken.
mike-vrabel-nfl-draft-ftr_m7eyoyh4jw1w1lzqy8ybiknd6.png

someone ask the kid with 'kneezels' about the throne warmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back