Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah good luck explaining reasoning on here. Wayyy too many homers!!

Man, shut up. I lean homer for sure. But no one in here is even sure what category you fall into. Your takes on this team and JRob look completely unhinged, uninformed and adolescent at times.

Let the adults talk please.

I'm a big Titans fan ( not Oilers), have been for a while. I want us to win it all as much as anyone but I don't like discarding teams, the Colts are a good team, the Jags have sucked lately but it doesn't take much to turn the other way. It happened with us, it can happen.
Colts getting LT Eric Fisher in for a visit, if he's healthy that's a big hole they've filled.

To say Pittman isn't good when all we have is Brown is silly. Yes we are a run team bit God for ideas if Henry goes down...we're phucked

Best case is Fisher healthy for start of the season. More likely mid October

Man, shut up. I lean homer for sure. But no one in here is even sure what category you fall into. Your takes on this team and JRob look completely unhinged, uninformed and adolescent at times.

Let the adults talk please.

Teams do not dump a GM who is winning because of a few missed draft picks. Everyone misses on picks.

There are really only two picks JRob has made that have been really bad.

Teams do not dump a GM who is winning because of a few missed draft picks. Everyone misses on picks.

There are really only two picks JRob has made that have been really bad.

Or a GM that has never had a losing season, playoffs 3 of 5 years and made the AFC Championship game.

The success of this team isn’t because of Mike Mularky as @Thanos22 thinks.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Colts WRs are as bad off as I believe. As of today, right now they are a bad unit for a team that intends the throw the ball a lot. In fact, they are a bad unit for any team. If we were in that same spot you guys would be going crazy. The Titans WR group is ALOT better than the Colts.

Go read the Indy sites. THEY think they got worse.
And if someone read our site they would think we feel the same
Its called being a fan, we are entitled to criticize the questionable and acknowledge the good, which we do on here for the most part. There are a few on here if you're not praising everything you are considered a bad fan..that's not true.

I am a Titans fan but I'm not ready to believe we are a legit contender YET...winning records are great but need less one and dones to convince me.
I believe we will get there.
As far as other teams, I tend not to overlook them..you have no idea what a season holds for any of them..stop pretending you do...case in point we lost to Cincy last year, GB lost to the Jags.

And stop critizing everyone's views because they don't align with yours...makes you come across as a know it all, it's a discussion board, people will have different views.

I never said the Colts weren’t a good team. I said they weren’t better than the Titans. You seem to always slant towards other teams in your evaluation and give the other team more of a benefit of the doubt.

Michael Pittman had 500 yards in 13 games and 1TD. He had a 100 yard game against the Titans which is I assume why you think he is really good. He was an early 2nd round draft pick who the Colts reached to get. He was supposed to go in the 3rd round at earliest based on draft analysis. He was tagged as a good special teams player. He was injured in his first season as well. My point is that if JRob has drafted this kid you some of you would have called him a BUST and called for JRob to be shot over wasting an early 2nd on a special teams/possession receiver.

Michael Pittman is just another guy. Do your research. The Colts have an old clearly declining TY Hilton and Pittman and then the abyss at WR. They are trying to get a LT but don’t have one yet, They lost on defense big time and didn’t replace them. They didn’t spend the money they had on the off season. They didn’t improve to this point.

Again.. If JRob had the off season the Colts have had so far you would judge this team and him much harsher than you are judging the Colts. They hav been bad this off season and had a horrible draft and you think they are better than the Titans because we just have Henry and just have Brown. They don’t have that.

Eric Fisher had a torn Achilles. 26% of NFL players never return from that injury. Typically recovery time is 9 months. But you are right, if he is healthy that’s helps them a lot. We will see.

The Colts could improve. They have money. But as of right now any unbiased view of them has them as a mediocre to good team. The Jags could be a problem depending on the Lawrence learning curve. An unbiased view of the division should clearly say that the Titans were a better team last season, had a better off season and remain the division favorites.
No where did I say the Colts were better than us...read people's posts...I said they finished 11-5 the same as us, all you've been saying is W/L is all that matters when defending JRob, well they had that....do they take a step back? They could as easily as any team...but you don't know that, none of us do

And if someone read our site they would think we feel the same
Its called being a fan, we are entitled to criticize the questionable and acknowledge the good, which we do on here for the most part. There are a few on here if you're not praising everything you are considered a bad fan..that's not true.

I am a Titans fan but I'm not ready to believe we are a legit contender YET...winning records are great but need less one and dones to convince me.
I believe we will get there.
As far as other teams, I tend not to overlook them..you have no idea what a season holds for any of them..stop pretending you do...case in point we lost to Cincy last year, GB lost to the Jags.

And stop critizing everyone's views because they don't align with yours...makes you come across as a know it all, it's a discussion board, people will have different views.

I’m not going to stop criticizing anyone’s views nor do I expect anyone to stop criticizing mine. Like you said, it’s a discussion board. I will argue my points. But I will at least list the reason why I have that opinion. You seem, or my perception is that you believe the Colts are good just because. Am I wrong? Maybe. But it’s what I read when you write how the Colts are at least even and maybe better. You may believe that. It’s your right. I simply explain in some detail why I disagree. You give no detail other than they also went 11-5. So I love to debate. If you don’t want to then I leave it alone. No harm.

No where did I say the Colts were better than us...read people's posts...I said they finished 11-5 the same as us, all you've been saying is W/L is all that matters when defending JRob, well they had that....do they take a step back? They could as easily as any team...but you don't know that, none of us do

You are correct and I apologize. It was not you that said the Colts roster was as good if not better than ours.

I don’t think W/L is all that matters. But it’s the final indicator of the team a GM put out on the field. JRob has done a very good job. Not great because no SB. But that’s all he is missing.

I’m not going to stop criticizing anyone’s views nor do I expect anyone to stop criticizing mine. Like you said, it’s a discussion board. I will argue my points. But I will at least list the reason why I have that opinion. You seem, or my perception is that you believe the Colts are good just because. Am I wrong? Maybe. But it’s what I read when you write how the Colts are at least even and maybe better. You may believe that. It’s your right. I simply explain in some detail why I disagree. You give no detail other than they also went 11-5. So I love to debate. If you don’t want to then I leave it alone. No harm.
Fair enough, my reason the Colts will be ok is that they are a well run team imo, Ballard is a good GM..they are competitive each year, and again I didn't say they are better than us...they have been in the past but not now. I'm saying don't overlook them.

We've had our issues on D, coaching, QB etc...we've added some key players to address those...does it make us a contender? and to your statement earlier "our division to lose"..I hope so...but me, you, nobody knows...I'll continue to be a fan, and every year I hope we win it all! No harm in debating.

You are correct and I apologize. It was not you that said the Colts roster was as good if not better than ours.

I don’t think W/L is all that matters. But it’s the final indicator of the team a GM put out on the field. JRob has done a very good job. Not great because no SB. But that’s all he is missing.
No worries
To be honest our WR group worries me
I know we are a run team but if they shut Henry down and double Brown can Reynolds, Fitzpatrick etc contribute? Maybe
I would feel more comfortable with sending a mid/late pick to NYJ for Crowder...they have Davis, Moore, Mims, Cole, Herndon and RBs ...thats alot of mouths to feed for a rookie QB

Crowder can play inside and out, I think he would be a good fit with Brown and Reynolds while Fitzpatrick is brought along

Instead we sign Fred Brown? It's puzzling

Fair enough, my reason the Colts will be ok is that they are a well run team imo, Ballard is a good GM..they are competitive each year, and again I didn't say they are better than us...they have been in the past but not now. I'm saying don't overlook them.

We've had our issues on D, coaching, QB etc...we've added some key players to address those...does it make us a contender? and to your statement earlier "our division to lose"..I hope so...but me, you, nobody knows...I'll continue to be a fan, and every year I hope we win it all! No harm in debating.

Agree completely.

No worries
To be honest our WR group worries me
I know we are a run team but if they shut Henry down and double Brown can Reynolds, Fitzpatrick etc contribute? Maybe
I would feel more comfortable with sending a mid/late pick to NYJ for Crowder...they have Davis, Moore, Mims, Cole, Herndon and RBs ...thats alot of mouths to feed for a rookie QB

Crowder can play inside and out, I think he would be a good fit with Brown and Reynolds while Fitzpatrick is brought along

Instead we sign Fred Brown? It's puzzling

Again... I agree

I have avoided this discussion but will say my cents now. I don't think JRob is on the hot seat, but if you think his chair is stone cold......

I have avoided this discussion but will say my cents now. I don't think JRob is on the hot seat, but if you think his chair is stone cold......

He is the GM for the Titans. He isn't getting fired at the first sign of trouble. Yall act like you didn't watch the Munchek era

He is the GM for the Titans. He isn't getting fired at the first sign of trouble. Yall act like you didn't watch the Munchek era
I would say JRob can dig you out of a hole, the next question is, can he get you over the top.

I always felt like Jeff Fisher had a place. He was just good enough as a coach to take a really bad team and make them decent. He just couldnt do much more than that. If we were the worst team in the league (or in the midst of relocation), I wouldnt hate Jeff Fisher for a coach. As long as it was just a few seasons to deal with transition, or noticeable improvement. I am willing to say not too many really good coaches would want to take over a team going through either issue, but Fisher can get you to a point where you can hire a better coach.

So, is JRob the GM equivalent of Fisher, or can he get us a SB win?

I think his tenure here may be coming to an end if Amy has the balls to fire him. A lot is riding on this years draft picks for him. If they don't pan out he needs to be held accountable for his questionable choices. Not to mention his mishandling of the cap. Thoughts?

Questionable choices? -- Y'all wanted Clowney.. he gave you Clowney... Y'all wanted a 1st round corner this year (since only had 2.5 on the roster) .... he gave y'all a 1st round corner... Y'all wanted him to go after a Free Agent edge this year..... He went after a free agent edge this year.

You better be ready to eat some of that humble pie yourself -- as more often than not, JROB has tried to give fans what they want. -- Remember when they said they were keeping Mularkey after that abysmal offensive output? And the fans threatened to tar and feather the organization? 1 week later, he was fired.

As a whole, ALL GM's take risks on draft players -- whether 1st overall or dead last. You are never going to have perfect hits. It's how you counter balance what you suck at (Jon Robinson's problem is drafting 6th round to 7th round, and selecting undrafted free agents) and where your strengths are. Jon Robinson is most definitely Top 12. Can he improve and not take so many fliers? Absolutely.

And then there's the covid thing, which makes direct contact with free agents/draft prospects even more challenging due to strict guidelines.

I think the general idea towards JRob is, has he tried to improve the team?..yes he has
Will those tries amount to anything? Can he gets the Titans to the next step?
I hope so, we'll see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back