Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titans need to get our missing offensive players back and we can hold our own against the better defenses. You really feel it when Henry and Brown aren’t on the field.

Titans need to get our missing offensive players back and we can hold our own against the better defenses. You really feel it when Henry and Brown aren’t on the field.
Our OL is completely shitting the bed. Even with those guys back we are in for a rough stretch.

Nothing will go well for our offense no matter who we have back if the o-line doesn’t get their crap together. Mark my words if we don’t fix it soon, it will come back to kill us come playoff time.

Cheers.. I remember that 2009 game. Figured we were coming close to a franchise record today, but to see 8 back in 62, I guess I was wrong lol.
Way back then, coaches allowed the QBs to keep slinging. High INT numbers were normal too. No one will ever break Blanda’s record of 42 n a season.

Testaverde is the closest I recall in 87’ with 35.

Oh, then it’s just a simple misunderstanding of the situation on your part.

When a team is up 3 scores with 4 min left and the ball inside the opponent 20, you try to eat clock, not score as quickly as possible.
Hope that helps for next time.
I get it, as crappy as the O was playing most of the game it was a safe bet for sure, but execution is what I was reacting to. The O line was getting zero push most of the game, save for a few series, there were a lot of runs for no yards especially in several of the last Titan possessions. Running the clock out means actually gaining yards, getting first drives, continuing drives, not 3 and outs.

I was reading the box score on CBS sports, saw Jags only had 8 carries. I thought that cant be right, went to ESPN box score, sure enough, Jags had 8 carries the entire game.

I get it, as crappy as the O was playing most of the game it was a safe bet for sure, but execution is what I was reacting to. The O line was getting zero push most of the game, save for a few series, there were a lot of runs for no yards especially in several of the last Titan possessions. Running the clock out means actually gaining yards, getting first drives, continuing drives, not 3 and outs.
I agree the run game went downhill in the second half. Maybe it was the move to Hill from Freeman, maybe something else, even good adjustments from Jax but on the last drive, they just needed to run even if they didn’t get any yards. Just no time left for Jax to do anything. The value of 40 seconds off the clock was higher than any attempt at passing for the first.

I agree the run game went downhill in the second half. Maybe it was the move to Hill from Freeman, maybe something else, even good adjustments from Jax but on the last drive, they just needed to run even if they didn’t get any yards. Just no time left for Jax to do anything. The value of 40 seconds off the clock was higher than any attempt at passing for the first.
Agree, my frustration was what the offense did with the 4 turnovers/picks after running all over the Patriots. Against good teams you HAVE to capitalize on turnovers. Otherwise they’re not as advantageous.

Agree, my frustration was what the offense did with the 4 turnovers/picks after running all over the Patriots. Against good teams you HAVE to capitalize on turnovers. Otherwise they’re not as advantageous.
Ya they definitely need to do something with the takeaways. Didn’t need them this week but will against better teams.

The bright spot for 3 INT were that they did stop potential points for Jax. All were in Tennessee territory til #4.

Just don't want Bud back, only for him to be injured again.

Really need Bud for the playoff run. Bud that dude who knows when he's ready to come back. No need to force him back if he's not ready.

The-Count.jpg

ah ah ah!!!

Doesn't seem like Lawrence has 22 completions today.
I was reading the box score on CBS sports, saw Jags only had 8 carries. I thought that cant be right, went to ESPN box score, sure enough, Jags had 8 carries the entire game.
tarpkitties ran a ton of pass plays that substituted for a run game.

lots of short shots that are never getting more than 5 yards

Last edited by a moderator:
Got drunk the night before and didn't wake up in time for the game. Knew we'd win, but the only question I have is did Julio get reinjured?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back