Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted this in that other thread.

Apparently he’s not after the MAX dollar or a championship ring. He passed on more money and he passed on selecting a team that can win it all.

Y’all need to stop with any talk of ARZ being a contender. They’re not and Murray isnt the answer to helping them get there.

I’ll call another 8-8 season got them.
So why Arizona? If not $ and a Championship?

So why Arizona? If not $ and a Championship?

There was a post on the Texans site that stated the Texans coaching staff said JJ Watt was selfish and only interested in his brand and his stats. If that is in fact true, playing along side Chandler Jones Watt hold be trying to just pad his sack totals and get paid pretty well doing it.

Arizona was the top sack team with Cap space to sign him. Arizona was 4th in sacks. They run Wade Phillips defensive scheme which I think allows Watt to kinda just do what he wants, he gets freedom in that scheme. I’m pretty sure the Wade Phillips scheme totals a lot of sacks.

Vance Joseph is the DC and Watt knows him.

I think it could be about Watts personal legacy. His stats. Arizona is a good team. Not great. I don’t think they even sniff a SB in the next 2 years.

Just guesses.

There was a post on the Texans site that stated the Texans coaching staff said JJ Watt was selfish and only interested in his brand and his stats. If that is in fact true, playing along side Chandler Jones Watt hold be trying to just pad his sack totals and get paid pretty well doing it.

Arizona was the top sack team with Cap space to sign him. Arizona was 4th in sacks. They run Wade Phillips defensive scheme which I think allows Watt to kinda just do what he wants, he gets freedom in that scheme. I’m pretty sure the Wade Phillips scheme totals a lot of sacks.

Vance Joseph is the DC and Watt knows him.

I think it could be about Watts personal legacy. His stats. Arizona is a good team. Not great. I don’t think they even sniff a SB in the next 2 years.

Just guesses.
I did read he has a history in Joseph's D...so that comfort level makes sense, and playing with Jones certainly helps him...don't see them keeping Reddick now though...his 12.5 sacks helped their total

I did read he has a history in Joseph's D...so that comfort level makes sense, and playing with Jones certainly helps him...don't see them keeping Reddick now though...his 12.5 sacks helped their total

Sure .. but JJ could easily replace that 12.5. That’s my point. Is JJ chasing the top 10 sacks all time?

Sure .. but JJ could easily replace that 12.5. That’s my point. Is JJ chasing the top 10 sacks all time?
Who knows. I didn’t like him before, didn’t want his oft injured butt on my team, and don’t care what or why concerning him. He ain’t a Titan so onward and upward. The good news is, if we really did float an offer of that amount out there, then we may actually sign a decent player this off season.

Who knows. I didn’t like him before, didn’t want his oft injured butt on my team, and don’t care what or why concerning him. He ain’t a Titan so onward and upward. The good news is, if we really did float an offer of that amount out there, then we may actually sign a decent player this off season.

That’s exactly right! The upside we should be taking from this is just that. It tells me JRob already knows how to get the cap room if he needs it. I doubt it puts us in the game with the top big money guys like Barrett but who knows.

I suppose he could with Jones but the question is...is Arizona getting the 2014/15/18 Watt or the 2019/20 Watt? For that money I'm glad he chose Arizona...shows we are going to and can spend, hope its someone younger and helps improve this D

Exactly what I was thinking. And that was for a broke down average dude like Watt.

I find it hard to believe we offered Watt close to what the cards did. Again Barrett, Judon, Ngakoue, and Dupree all better options than Watt.

I find it hard to believe we offered Watt close to what the cards did. Again Barrett, Judon, Ngakoue, and Dupree all better options than Watt.
So, Watt at 15.6 mil per year and the other dudes projected around 18-20 mil. I’ll take Hendrickson at 10 and draft another guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back