Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who thinks this team will be bettered by having Joey Harrington on this team needs to put the drugs down and enter rehab on the double.

Joey gets smacked around by the fans like salami on meat day, and though some of the things said about him aren't justified, the fact remains. The dude just isn't good.

I had high hopes that my boy Jeff would tear things up in Detroit and that would be the last of the Joey Harrington chronicles, but alas, not quite. However, I'll give Joey the benefit of the doubt. Maybe it was the environment, right? When nobody has faith on you, there's not a lot to thrive on. I'll give him one season (playing backup) anywhere else (Minnesota :ha: ) and if he sucks there, then he sucks. Simple.

...And uhh, no. I don't think the Titans should take him. That would make our free agency reign look kind of dinky.

Harrington for a 7th?

If that is true the browns should consider him. Any team that can afford him. Of course he is worth a chance for a 7th rd pick.

Dave wannstedt traded a first rd pick for rick mirer. :ha:

Some recent titans picks in the 7th.

Mike green
Jared clauss
todd williams
Darrell hill
reynaldo

Reese has done a great job with them just getting guys who were able to make the team and contribute. Remember the nfl draft used to be 12 rds and then 10 rds not that long ago. 7th rd was a mid rd pick back.

Lions: Harrington 'not with us'
By TOM KRISHER
ASSOCIATED PRESS

March 20, 2006

The Detroit Lions are parting ways with Joey Harrington after four turbulent seasons in which the former third overall draft pick went from franchise savior to fans’ scourge.

Although he declined to say whether Harrington had been released, coach Rod Marinelli told reporters Monday: “We’ve made a decision to move on.”

“At this moment, he’s not with us,” Marinelli said. “That’s been my decision.”

A message seeking comment was left Monday with David Dunn, Harrington’s agent.

Taking Harrington’s spot under center most likely will be Jon Kitna or Josh McCown. The two former NFL starters are expected to battle for the top quarterbacking job in Detroit.

The Lions announced McCown’s signing over the weekend and were expected to announce Kitna’s this week.

The Lions already have under contract former Tampa Bay and Arizona starter Shaun King and second-year man Dan Orlovsky.

Copyright © 2006 Detroit Free Press Inc.

it makes me laugh that three mediocre guys were brought in to fight for his spot.

i'd take him for a seventh any day if they lowered his worked on his salary some. a new start somewhere would do him good.

It's sad that if they become successful this year, it will be because Harrington is gone, but really they've finally got a real Qb coach in Mike Martz, and he'll be the real reason.

From what I've read, he and Martz sat down to discuss offense and passing, and Joey didn't bother taking any notes, copy any plays, or even act concerned in any way.. after that he was gone.. we certainly don't need a player that thinks he's smarter than his OC or his head coach...and we don't need that type of attitude now

paraconspiracy said:
it makes me laugh that three mediocre guys were brought in to fight for his spot.

i'd take him for a seventh any day if they lowered his worked on his salary some. a new start somewhere would do him good.

You must have missed the stinkfest Harrington laid in the Colesium to end the 2004 season. Only Team in the last 6 weeks or so not to put 30+ on the Titans. Harrington had WRs running free all over the place and he constantly dumped the ball off - helping Kassell to his 20+ tackle day.

Tom Vue says this about Harrington "You a loser!"

GoT said:
You must have missed the stinkfest Harrington laid in the Colesium to end the 2004 season. Only Team in the last 6 weeks or so not to put 30+ on the Titans. Harrington had WRs running free all over the place and he constantly dumped the ball off - helping Kassell to his 20+ tackle day.

Tom Vue says this about Harrington "You a loser!"
Harrington cost us Ronnie Brown that day.

TitanJeff said:
Harrington cost us Ronnie Brown that day.
Bulluck had a good time.
bulluck.jpg

I am still mad at Harrington for that 2004 game that we won. I have never seen such a worthless performance by a QB in my life. Not only did he cost us Ronnie Brown, he made Kassell look like a lot better LB than he was. This led to us relying on him last year, much to our detriment. I suppose you could also blame Pacman on him, but I haven't totally given up on him. I will say this though, I don't want Harrington within a 1000 miles of TN, not at any price. I wouldn't want him even if he paid us a million dollars and played for nothing.

h4t said:
I wouldn't want him even if he paid us a million dollars and played for nothing.
well, there are 2384 gotitans.com members...:)) that works out to $419.46 per forum member. :ha: That's a nice little hunk of change and all you have to do is tolerate that qb for 1 year? I dunno.:hmm: It's tough...:greedy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back