Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question.
If your GM made the roster with the Most pro bowlers in the conference that season , would that be considered "Elite" ?
Not really. Pro bowl isn’t a good indication of a quality roster. I think the Dolts have the most pro bowlers this year and didn’t even make the playoffs. Henry didn’t make the Probowl this year but he’s still the best RB in the league.

JRob's drafting and FA'ing past few years cumulatively producing on the field results. He still had a few really big swing and misses but no denying the on the field results. And yes, Vrabel is a LARGE part of it- but have to give credit to JRob for dumping Mularkey and bringing Vrabel in.

Status upgrade:

slightly above average => very good :toast:

Welcome to the club.

^ ^

yeah I see both your points above.

At this point we can’t lose him at all or we’re cooked but it’s not long we’re tops in the league in $ next year anyways so that would lock up a lot of space. Tough call.

Don’t know how today was on him.

Can’t throw 3 picks and calling a shotgun empty formation pass after running the ball down their throat cost us the game.

Agree. I mean they were the #1 seed despite all kinds of injuries, I dont think you can blame today on Robinson at all.

Not sure GM hires the OC. He may approve the hiring, but that felt driven by Vrabel. Robinson does in fact own the efforts put into the OL. It’s been subpar for a couple of years running now.

I had no idea how financially stuck we were to Tannehill until last night. JRob is definitely not an elite GM after offering that contract.

THill’s contract was fools gold. He got it after having an outstanding 2019/2020 seasons, like best in our Tennessee franchise type.

I don’t blame JRob or fans for buying into what we saw with THill.

K has been a mess. In season signings, I can understand the struggle with nothing really available. Effort over the offseason is something else. Fat Randy wasn’t the off-season move, it was the other guy who got hurt before week 1, can’t even remember his name now, but there was an entirely different plan going into the season. Fat Randy did alright, not enough for me to think he’s a lock going forward.

The OL is on JRob. They seem to do well in run blocking and have mixes of terrible games pass blocking. Not sure how much is THill/downings fault but quesenberry isn’t a starter. Hopefully Taylor is either replaced or back to pre ACL form. I think Nate Davis is still young and serviceable. The depth even had a couple decent games with some god awful games this year, maybe the good were a small sample of potential going forward.

Otherwise, JRob brought in the talent, enough to win, and coaching/players s**t the bed.

What's funny is when that contract happened, we, the fans, were dying to get him under contract.
Not me. I wanted them to sign Tom Brady. Tannehill is a game manager. That’s all he ever was. Art just knew how to use him and take advantage of his strengths. We would have 2 Super Bowls with Brady right now and drafting his replacement. Instead we are stuck with an average QB that we are paying Top 5 money that will never win a Super Bowl. Smart decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back