Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
elfinmagic53 said:
Terrell Owens suffered a serious injury and came back in no time and had a productive Super Bowl game. Brandon is out there running, making cuts, etc. and says that he feels great. Daunte Culpepper and Carson Palmer came back fairly quick. Both of them are looking good in camp.

Granted Elfin...but bones heal much faster than soft tissue tears. And QB's don't move like WR's. Vigstad is on it. How bad was the tear? How much reconstruction was needed? I just read something this morning that said they're ready to take him off the PUP list. Amazing! That in itself is remarkable to me.:ha:

According to the Tennessean, Jones will be coming off the PUP next week and will get some work at least once a day. I don't think that means he'll participate next Saturday in the preseason game but he might get some live action before the preseason is complete.

I suppose the option to PUP him for the first six games of regular season will be made right before final cuts.

I will seriously be pee'd off if he plays that practice match. I don't care if your Wolverine, no one can be fully healthy from a serious knee injury in such a short time.

Gunny said:
I will seriously be pee'd off if he plays that practice match. I don't care if your Wolverine, no one can be fully healthy from a serious knee injury in such a short time.

I agree, Sirmon,Calico and Williams were all rushed back into action with poor results. Keep him on PUP all season unless we have drastic problems.

Putting Jones back in action soon could mean an early (or earlier) end to Wade or Ty's time here. They could also try to get Orr on the PS. I'd rather wait on Jones and get another guy some time to evaluate.

I have a feeling that an unpopular cut will be made :closemout

Childress79 said:
I agree, Sirmon,Calico and Williams were all rushed back into action with poor results. Keep him on PUP all season unless we have drastic problems.

I agree with you. Lets hope they realize they are bringing him back to quick and think about the examples above

Actually, Wolverine would be just fine the next day, Gunny. You silly, silly man. *shakes his head in wonder*

I'd like to see him PUP'd as long as possible, unless we absolutely need him, which (hopefully) we don't.

Bulluckfan said:
A PUPd player still counts against the TC maximum players requirement, I'm pretty sure. However, it does NOT count against the final 53.

I'm for keeping Jones on PUP until we need him or until week 6, whichever comes first. There is no reason to rush him back if our WRs are as good as we are being told. Orr could be a nice late find, in particular. We have:

Givens
Bennett
Wade
Roby
Williams
Calico
Orr

That's 7 already! One will have to be cut to bring Jones off of PUP. Might as well keep the others until that point (assuming we keep 7 WRs).

There is also Grant Mattos, who was said to be doing good in OTAs while Givens was out. I also noticed something weird while I was on the Titans' site a minute ago. WR Jason Anderson has jersey #10 also. What's up with that? Granted, he may not make the final 53, but it is still odd.

FWIW - I wasn reading a fantasy analysis on ACL knee injuries for WR and RB and the conclusion was that unless the player has had 11+months since the injury to recover expect considerably dimineshed performance, and even with 11+ months they rarely are like themselves in the following year.

Hoping we don't rush him out there too quick, especially since he's very unlikely to be himself this year anyhow.

I also noticed something weird while I was on the Titans' site a minute ago. WR Jason Anderson has jersey #10 also. What's up with that? Granted, he may not make the final 53, but it is still odd.

Your first mistake is assuming titansonline stays accurate :) (They're not known for that)

Jason Anderson is listed in a couple of different places, like ourlads.com and most importantly the daily roster sheets they hand out at camp, as #5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back