Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can restructure Henry and THIll just for Barrett if he were to agree to come here. They would do it to help the team I’m sure.
I’m glad you’re sure, because I’m not. Nor am I sure JR wants to go that route. He really believes he can always find those type of guys in every round. While he has had success in later rounds, we haven’t hit on Edge in any round or FA signing during his tenure with us.

I’m glad you’re sure, because I’m not. Nor am I sure JR wants to go that route. He really believes he can always find those type of guys in every round. While he has had success in later rounds, we haven’t hit on Edge in any round or FA signing during his tenure with us.[/QUOTE

Here is my question though... no way the GM searches for players without the coaching staff telling him who they want or what they think. Is it a coaching staff problem in evaluating Edge? Or is it that Edge is just hard to find? I don’t know the answer.

The GM is ultimately responsible for the roster. The coach is responsible for making them effective players. Pretty much heard Vrabel throw JR under the bus on that when talking about the defense this off season too.

The GM is ultimately responsible for the roster. The coach is responsible for making them effective players. Pretty much heard Vrabel throw JR under the bus on that when talking about the defense this off season too.

I would like to know how much input Vrabel and his staff have on players.

They do need to look at how they evaluate players both in the draft and free agency in my opinion. We can certainly improve in that area.

Lol Les Snead for the Rams said his vision is to restructure contracts to get their cap number down. A complete contrasts to JRob.

All that does is put you in a situation like the Néw Orleans Saints are in currently. They’ve been cutting and restructuring and are still over $30 million over the cap. They kept restructuring contracts to keep Brees around.

Pretty much heard Vrabel throw JR under the bus on that when talking about the defense this off season too.

Given that I don't think I've ever heard Vrabel actually answer a question, I don't see how this is possible.

They could ask Vrabel if he slept with my girlfriend and he wouldn't say that he didn't.

Not sure I remember him doing that.

Take a look at our projected roster for last year (before injuries and Beasleys no show) and tell me you didn’t think Jrob had built a Super Bowl caliber squad. On paper the team was LOADED with talent AND depth at every position.
I feel like no one could have known Beasley and Wilson would turn out to be head cases and that Lewan, Adoree, Fulton, Clowney, Humphries, Jayon, Evans, Sambrailo, etc. would all get injured. I mean that was a Chargers scenario if I’ve ever seen one. We had half a dozen guys playing I’d never even HEARD OF!
Jrob has proven to me he knows how to build a roster. Let’s see what he delivers this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back