Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big-time off-season acquisitions have all been extremely underwhelming and plagued with injuries. Imagine how much better the team could be if they all contributed in the manner we expected. Julio hasn't contributed much outside of one game. Dupree has 1 sack on the year and Farley (Caleb) didn't bounce back like Big Jeff and contributed absolutely nothing.

The big-time off-season acquisitions have all been extremely underwhelming and plagued with injuries. Imagine how much better the team could be if they all contributed in the manner we expected. Julio hasn't contributed much outside of one game. Dupree has 1 sack on the year and Farley (Caleb) didn't bounce back like Big Jeff and contributed absolutely nothing.

Dupree has been very good. sack numbers don’t tell the whole story. Don’t get caught up in that. He started slow but is coming on. Farley is a rookie and was getting better and will be very good. You can’t blame and all on the kid. Julio… well, hard to argue that one.

The difference between when Dupree is on the field and when he isn't is night and day. He is so good at setting an edge while squeezing the pocket.

Look at yesterday. Look at how much pressure we got up the middle early and then look at the 2nd half when we had to send ILB's and DB's to get pressure and that opened up the underneath area for the Saints.

Dupree is worth every penny. And this is coming off an ACL with a quick turn around. Assuming we don't totally botch Landry, our pass rush will be a force next year.

The difference between when Dupree is on the field and when he isn't is night and day. He is so good at setting an edge while squeezing the pocket.

Look at yesterday. Look at how much pressure we got up the middle early and then look at the 2nd half when we had to send ILB's and DB's to get pressure and that opened up the underneath area for the Saints.

Dupree is worth every penny. And this is coming off an ACL with a quick turn around. Assuming we don't totally botch Landry, our pass rush will be a force next year.
If we can sign Landry. We broke as F right now lolz

Simmons didn't see the field until week 7, it's not like we could foresee Farley tearing his ACL. We got Simmons at 19 when he's a top 5 talent. You can't be mad at the Farley pick and praise the Simmons pick, it doesn't work that way.

Man, if Julio can come back at 100% we will be even scarier. I don’t think he’s ever been 100% all season. But I’m really counting on him being himself come playoff time

Simmons didn't see the field until week 7, it's not like we could foresee Farley tearing his ACL. We got Simmons at 19 when he's a top 5 talent. You can't be mad at the Farley pick and praise the Simmons pick, it doesn't work that way.
Weeellll…. I think the main difference between those two is Simmons did not have a long history of injuries while Farley did. In Simmons we took a gamble on a one off situation while Farley never played a complete season in college.

Weeellll…. I think the main difference between those two is Simmons did not have a long history of injuries while Farley did. In Simmons we took a gamble on a one off situation while Farley never played a complete season in college.

ACL before the season as a true freshman. Full season redshirt freshman. Missed 3 games sophomore. Opted out junior year.

Injuries are definitely a concern and Simmons has shown much more durability, but your point isn't totally accurate.

ACL before the season as a true freshman. Full season redshirt freshman. Missed 3 games sophomore. Opted out junior year.

Injuries are definitely a concern and Simmons has shown much more durability, but your point isn't totally accurate.
I stand corrected, I had read that in an internet article and failed to check for myself. However, his injury history is significant and I personally wouldn’t have drafted him in the first. However, I’m pretty conservative in such areas.

Luckily we are 8-2 and can probably afford to have more maintenance weeks than we could if we were feeling the pressure at 5-5 or 6-4

Julio Jones has been activated!!!! Let’s hope he can ball out! Henry on the return soon. Looks like we may get healthy just in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back