Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
We all know that Lamar will get tagged. Question is does he get slapped with the exclusive tag for for 45mil or the non-exclusive for around 35mil.

if they go with the exclusive then the ravens have no money for FA without redoing a bunch of contracts.

if they go non exclusive I really think a team like the Bucs or Commanders would be willing to give up their mid first end this yr and then next yrd first for him… of course the Ravens could match the offer, but it is risky.

What do you think the Ravens do?

We all know that Lamar will get tagged. Question is does he get slapped with the exclusive tag for for 45mil or the non-exclusive for around 35mil.

if they go with the exclusive then the ravens have no money for FA without redoing a bunch of contracts.

if they go non exclusive I really think a team like the Bucs or Commanders would be willing to give up their mid first end this yr and then next yrd first for him… of course the Ravens could match the offer, but it is risky.

What do you think the Ravens do?
Run as far away as they can!

Non-exclusive. Personally I think they did the right thing. He wants Deshaun Watson money, and I think most people (myself included) believe Watson's contract is stupid. I most certainly wouldnt want to use the Browns as an example of doing the right thing. They screwed up, vastly overpaid and now qbs think they should all get what Watson gets...

images

Non-exclusive. Personally I think they did the right thing. He wants Deshaun Watson money, and I think most people (myself included) believe Watson's contract is stupid. I most certainly wouldnt want to use the Browns as an example of doing the right thing. They screwed up, vastly overpaid and now qbs think they should all get what Watson gets...
I get what you're saying but the jury is still out on Watson. He played less than half a season where he was away from the team the whole time. If he regains his Texans form, his contract isn't going to look that bad.

I agree.... Lamar is about to find out how much the rest of the league values him... I really doubt any team is going to guarantee him Watson money.... he probably will get an offer similar to Russell Wilson from some team.... my guess is the Raiders... they are in need of a QB and have plenty of cap space...

I only find the part about how Cleveland made a terrible deal, so LJ isn’t worth as much as he’s asking because Watson set the market so high.

feel like I recall a similar WR contract situation just last year. Hmmmmmmmm.

I get what you're saying but the jury is still out on Watson. He played less than half a season where he was away from the team the whole time. If he regains his Texans form, his contract isn't going to look that bad.
They're already talking about having to restructure his contract.

Per year average isn't bad... But that 55m cap hit every year is terrible and there's no way out for the team. Not a good business decision.

I’m warming up to the idea of taking a run at Lamar. Say what you want upon his weaknesses, but this is a QB in his prime that has proven to be one of the best players in the league at his peak. You’re already going to have to trade 2+ 1st rounders for a rookie in the draft. Sure you get them cheap on the rookie deal, but you don’t know if they will pan out. Probably very little chance they are anywhere near the player of Lamar. And if he is then he’s getting $60/million for his prime

We have the cap space next year to make it work and reallocate funds to the positions we want. Ran can still find good players in the draft without a 1st rounder. Lamar and Derrick could be one of the best duos we’ve ever seen. As long as he’s healthy we will be in the hunt for the division every year, and if we build the rest of the roster we can compete with the best of the AFC

I’m warming up to the idea of taking a run at Lamar. Say what you want upon his weaknesses, but this is a QB in his prime that has proven to be one of the best players in the league at his peak. You’re already going to have to trade 2+ 1st rounders for a rookie in the draft. Sure you get them cheap on the rookie deal, but you don’t know if they will pan out. Probably very little chance they are anywhere near the player of Lamar. And if he is then he’s getting $60/million for his prime

We have the cap space next year to make it work and reallocate funds to the positions we want. Ran can still find good players in the draft without a 1st rounder. Lamar and Derrick could be one of the best duos we’ve ever seen. As long as he’s healthy we will be in the hunt for the division every year, and if we build the rest of the roster we can compete with the best of the AFC
If we could manage it I would go for it. Ljax, henry, Burks, chig would be good shit

If we could manage it I would go for it. Ljax, henry, Burks, chig would be good ****
Just curious about how we can manage that? Not that I would go there at all, but our hit on Tammy is yuge, and to pay next to top money on top of that is impossible. Someone please explain getting around his cap hit. His dead cap is near $19,000,000. That’s dead cap. Lol, it’s nonsense to speak of such things. I can see trading him, but that’s a complete pipe dream, because there ain’t a team that will pull that line.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would not touch fugly ass lamar with a 10 foot ukranian
Exactly! Didn’t we recently push his stool in at his own home forcing him to throw…? I seem to remember doing just that! Also remember a Raven defender talking chit prior to game being turned into a blocker for us. Pretty real sweeet.

Just curious about how we can manage that? Not that I would go there at all, but our hit on Tammy is yuge, and to pay next to top money on top of that is impossible. Someone please explain getting around his cap hit. His dead cap is near $19,000,000. That’s dead cap. Lol, it’s nonsense to speak of such things. I can see trading him, but that’s a complete pipe dream, because there ain’t a team that will pull that line.
We probably can't lol

They're already talking about having to restructure his contract.

Per year average isn't bad... But that 55m cap hit every year is terrible and there's no way out for the team. Not a good business decision.
Yep, 55mil of a 224mil salary cap... One player taking up 1/5th of the entire salary cap cant bode well. That is a win right now, exactly how the team is, or watch the team decay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back