Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we were being honest about who we wanted. I think everyone not doing a hot take had Winston to TB and Mary to us. And I was fine with that, I just really liked Leonard Williams. And I really hoped Mett was a Minshew because I thought his personality was fun.

....but yeah, I thought we were taking Mary. I wasn't mad or anything. I threw my phone against the wall and got kicked out of a bar when we took Locker. It wasn't like that or anything.
Skipping on one of the two QBs and Taking Leonard Williams, probably means we take Jared Goff in 2016. Obviously we'll never know how the dominoes would have fallen, but with hindsight, I'd still take Mariota and end up where we are today.

Who knows how Maritoa would have turned out on a different team. Imagine if the Bucs took MM and we got Winston. Crazy.

2015 mariota
2016 no1 specific but a tackle or wr
2017 cmc
2018 vita vea tho I knew that wasn't likely
2019 i was all over the place. Wasn't sure who it would be but I did not like simmons and ill just go ahead and roast my dumb ass.

2015 Leonard Williams
2016 Joey Bosa or Jalen Ramsey before trade - after, Taylor Decker
2017 Marshon Lattimore & OJ Howard
2018 Sam Hubbard or Rashaan Evans
2019 Christian Wilkins

I've asked this before to get an opinion on your draft knowledge.

I would like to know who you wanted as our 1st round picks in the last 5 NFL drafts. Be honest here.

Mine are as follows:

2019 - DK Metcalf
2018 - Derwin James
2017 - Jamal Adams
2016 - Robert Nkemdiche
2015 - Jameis Winston

So as you see it, I hit on 3 of 5 lol. So you can take my word in saying we need to go with Swift and/or Marlon Davidson.

2015 -- Winston
2016 -- Conk (we needed RT real bad) -- if we were not pressed on RT I would have rather had Laquan Treadwell :puke:
2017 -- Wanted to trade 18 for Cooks and take take Lattimore at 5 -- when that dream died I wanted Davis and Jackson, which we got
2018 -- Marcus Davenport (who was gone), then I wanted Will Hernandez since Guard is such a need
2019 -- Chris Lindstrom, because Guard is such a big need. he was gone, so I wanted Jawaan Taylor, to play Guard

ESPN replaying the 2014 draft. Of course Lewan was picked, I wasn’t watching at the time but happened to catch Wise Mel Kiper.
“Baffling pick. Don’t know where he’ll fit in.”
Of course since 2014, he’s probably the only guy still on the roster and all these “don’t get it” conversations were sandwiched around why the Titans didn’t pick Manziel or the “scary” thought of where he might fall to since being on the board even at 11 was a shock.

15- Leonard Williams or Marcus Mariota (because anyone but Jameis)
16- Leonard Floyd (went 1 pick after Conk)
17- OJ Howard (went 1 pick after Adoree)
18- Will Hernandez
19- Noah Fant (went 1 pick after Simmons)

pretty much this entire list have been busts to this point

Glad they didn’t listen to me on those , jeeesh o_O

I was pumped that we took Lewan that year, and said we would based on his style and play. A lot of people hated the pick though....

ESPN replaying the 2014 draft. Of course Lewan was picked, I wasn’t watching at the time but happened to catch Wise Mel Kiper.
Of course since 2014, he’s probably the only guy still on the roster and all these “don’t get it” conversations were sandwiched around why the Titans didn’t pick Manziel or the “scary” thought of where he might fall to since being on the board even at 11 was a shock.

I think most though that we were set with Roos and Stewart for the immediate future and we weren't good enough for a depth pick that high in the draft.

Some liked the pick (I did, though I was worried about his off the field stuff), but I don't think anyone expected it.

The whole draft is a crap shoot.

There will be guys picked today that get cut in 2 years, and guys picked tomorrow, and even the day after, who wind up all pro's.

There will be guys picked today that get cut in 2 years, and guys picked tomorrow, and even the day after, who wind up all pro's.

Exactly

A quarter to a third of first round picks end up with another team before their rookie deal is done. Only a handful even make it to a pro bowl.

Odds of getting a good player though drop dramatically after the first round.

I know its always humorous when some in here critically judge the 6th and 7th round picks - like it even matters - most likely they will be cut, practice squad or on the squad but never heard from again.

I've asked this before to get an opinion on your draft knowledge.

I would like to know who you wanted as our 1st round picks in the last 5 NFL drafts. Be honest here.

Mine are as follows:

2019 - DK Metcalf
2018 - Derwin James
2017 - Jamal Adams
2016 - Robert Nkemdiche
2015 - Jameis Winston

So as you see it, I hit on 3 of 5 lol. So you can take my word in saying we need to go with Swift and/or Marlon Davidson.

I mean Jamal Adams went top 5 lol and Derwin was a high pick too.. I’m sure we could all name top 5 prospects we wanted. But if we are being realistic about our draft position at the time..

2015 - Leonard Williams
2016 - Jalen Ramsey
2017 - Corey Davis/ Tre’Davious White
2018 - Harold Landry
2019 - I mean I wanted Bosa but that wasn’t realistic. (I didn’t have anyone I was in love with heading into the draft based on our pick position. Glad Simmons fell!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was pumped that we took Lewan that year, and said we would based on his style and play. A lot of people hated the pick though....

a lot of people still kinda do lol (im not one of them) early in his career he did make too many bone-head plays and even single-handedly cost us a game vs Oakland but that same intensity and fire is why he also fits right in with this style of Vrabel and the Titans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back