Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: Five-time Pro Bowl cornerback Ty Law is scheduled to meet with Titans officials next week. "What we'll do is bring him in, give him a physical and let him visit with the coaches and see exactly where we are," Titans GM Floyd Reese said. "I don't know what our chances might be (of signing Law), but it's worth an attempt. We'll spend some time with him and see." Law comes with a big price tag and the Titans currently don't have the cap room to add him unless they were to release Steve McNair and free up $9 million. Regardless, the Titans plan to bring in a veteran at cornerback at some point. f the Titans can't sign Law, Reese said, the Titans still plan to add a veteran free-agent cornerback at some point. "We'd like to add some depth. The people that are out there, (Law) is probably the most notable," Reese said. "We'll see what happens. After we go through minicamps, there'll probably be people floating out there and we'll pay attention to that."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

So the hopes of him playing for under $100,000 is slim to none?

Though if we get rid of McNair and Law is still around, i'd be he is snapped up 20 minutes after McNair is cut.

well if they are bringing him in with the knowledge that we cant do anyhing for him unless mcnair is gone then that to me sounds like a hint. they obviously feel volek is capable of doing his job. which i think he is. volek is as good as his supporting cast imo.

Gunny said:
according to Jet fans they were saying he got a few INTs from tipped passes.
A CB with the instincts necessary to play the position.

Novel concept.

Points is, he's always around the ball. Unlike some of our robotic DB's.

Gunny said:
those stats are slightly skewed.

according to Jet fans they were saying he got a few INTs from tipped passes.

an INT is an INT - tipped or not
we tip balls in the air all the time
and Pac just looks at them like butterflies

Wychek was discussing thisa little earlier on the radio

he said he remembers when we brought in Kevin Carter, that we were real tight against the wall; but there are ways of figuring these things out.

I think it could get done simply by releasing Sirmon or renego his deal

he could always play for the vet min and we toss all the other money in as a signing bonus (not sure of the cap impact if done like that)
the point Frank was making was that there is always a way
see: Washington Redskins

Puck said:
we tip balls in the air all the time
and Pac just looks at them like butterflies

I don't like it when people on here talk crap on our own players, whether they deserve it or not, but I have to say that made me laugh very hard.:ha:

I'll take a turnover anyway I can get one
if it means tha a LB or a DT tipped it then all the better

it just shows that Ty was paying attention to his environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back