Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Here's a great article that talks about five players due to become free agents this season that nobody's talking about: http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10007822/1

Here's a guy I'd be interested in:

Ken Hamlin, S, Seahawks

After suffering a serious head injury in a bar fight in 2005, an injury that forced him to miss the second half of the season, Hamlin responded in 2006 by starting all 16 games.

He is a big hitter who plays with a lot of aggressiveness and passion. He's the player who can often be heard screaming at the opposition.

Hamlin just turned 26, so he's at the target age. Hamlin had 75 tackles, three interceptions and two sacks last season.

Teams will have to address the head injury from 2005 if they plan to spend on him, but he didn't show any signs of it affecting him last season.
Think Reinfeldt might bring him in? :brow:

Placing me on the roster as Safety would be an upgrade over Lamont, so I'd be all for it.
And what'd he do? Get smacked with a bar-stool or something? That's an odd injury to end a season on.

i think hamlin would compliment hope pretty well. from what i saw, hope was our primary blitzer last year, which is not good because he had 0 sacks. i think hope CAN play in the box well, but it is not his forte.

i like hope playing center field with hamlin at the LOS.

bigtitan53279 said:
i think hamlin would compliment hope pretty well. from what i saw, hope was our primary blitzer last year, which is not good because he had 0 sacks. i think hope CAN play in the box well, but it is not his forte.

i like hope playing center field with hamlin at the LOS.
Exactly what I was thinking, and it wouldn't really surprise me if Reinfeldt was able to get him to come over, I'm sure as a former safety it's a position he wants covered

Hope looks more like an in the box S to me. His coverage skills were shoddy at times, but he's still better than what we're used to. He also overpursued some when he got into the backfield (maybe something he never did much?). Maybe just too aggressive.

Still love the pickup, and I was a little skeptical at 1st. But maybe we can continue to make good FA moves from now on, and maybe Grant or Hamlin would be good pickups. Or Gibril Wilson (but I think he's restricted).

Hope was what allowed Polamalu to free-lance in Pittsburgh, there's no way Polamalu would have been able to run all over the field like he did if he didn't have a good cover safety behind him, his coverage skills may have looked bad because he had to cover Lamont's zone as well as his own ;)

Corry Redding, Ken Hamlin, and Dwayne White intrigue me. Eric Steinbach will want to much money and I see Curtis going to the Lions and being reunited with Martz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back