Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
LT21Titans27 said:
youre thinkin of Mike Furrey ,had a 1000 yds, fresh from NFL Europe

He might have been in NFL Europe, but last year I think he was a Safety for the Rams. Im positive he played S for them, just not sure when.

And getting Curtis would just be a waste. He is a little better Bobby Wade. We would be dumb to sign him.

deeluxx3 said:
He might have been in NFL Europe, but last year I think he was a Safety for the Rams. Im positive he played S for them, just not sure when.

And getting Curtis would just be a waste. He is a little better Bobby Wade. We would be dumb to sign him.

I disagree about Kevin Curtis. He's someone I hope we target, for a reasonable price. I'd like to see him as our WR#3 or competing with Wade for it. And he can be a backup KR/PR, which we could end up needing.

My only concern about Curtis is that he seems to play much better on turf. Not sure our crappy field compliments him much, at least, no routes to the middle in the muck.

Curtis stats: http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/395944
Wade stats: http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396109

Alex1939 said:
I disagree about Kevin Curtis. He's someone I hope we target, for a reasonable price. I'd like to see him as our WR#3 or competing with Wade for it. And he can be a backup KR/PR, which we could end up needing.

My only concern about Curtis is that he seems to play much better on turf. Not sure our crappy field compliments him much, at least, no routes to the middle in the muck.

Curtis stats: http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/395944
Wade stats: http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396109

That makes no sense to me for us to go out and get a #3 WR. We dont need another #3, we have plently already. We need to go out and draft a number 1 (Jarrett or Bowe) and thats it. Curtis will never be a #1 WR and we shouldnt go out and waste money on a guy to "push" our #3 wideout.

Well, I didn't mean that K.Curtis should be the ONLY WR we should go after... obviously there are several scenario's.

IF we resign Bennett and Wade, then I would be fine with just bringing in K.Curtis as another possible target. Someone else to see if Vince can develop chemistry with.

IF Bennett is gone, we need another threat. Either bringing in a Stallworth or Horn, or drafting a Ginn or Jarrett. IF we lose Wade also, bringing in K.Curtis as a #3 makes good sense to me.

Even if we keep Wade... it would be nice to have Curtis.

Depth Chart WR

WR1 B. Jones
WR2 D. Bennett or D. Stallworth or J. Horn or Rookie Draft Pick
WR3 K. Curtis
WR4 B. Wade

Curtis would be another option for Vince, a guy with speed who has made big plays in his brief career.

But I think the K.Curtis discussion is pretty meaningless anyway. I think he'll go to Detroit and reunite with Martz.

No, he was not even that high this past season and there are doubts that he will be playing this season. I hope he plays, but at point he can not be counted on.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the word on Givens was that he wouldn't be back until mid-season.

I figure the Titans have to plan that Givens won't be 100% all season, even when he comes back.

Well...

Kevin Curtis will never be a #1 WR but we should draft Ginn???

Explain how Curtis CAN'T develop into a #1 but Ginn can? Curtis has already shown pretty decent hands, route running, and excellent speed as well.

You don't spend money in FA...especially this FA (since everyone will be overpaid respectively) on a 3rd WR.

I don't remember Givens contract stuff, but he's due like a $2mil roster bonus this year (in addition to his pro-rated bonus hit and his salary). If they don't think he'll be able to play much this season...might they cut him?

We DON'T want Horn or anyone else who's either old (unless they are the elite of their position) or wants a ton of money (unless their talent/production is justifiable).

Gut

No Gunny he was not our leading receiver, #1 last year. Hard to be so, sitting on the sideline. Might he have been, if he had played? By the way, who declares a receiver the Number One, Number Two, etc...

I hate to disagree with someone who has so many posts, but NO Givens was not our Number one or leading receiver last year. You have to play to be either.

Semantics...

Titanmc said:
No Gunny he was not our leading receiver, #1 last year. Hard to be so, sitting on the sideline. Might he have been, if he had played? By the way, who declares a receiver the Number One, Number Two, etc...

I hate to disagree with someone who has so many posts, but NO Givens was not our Number one or leading receiver last year. You have to play to be either.

So you're saying that if we drafted Calvin Johnson, he wouldn't be our #1 WR til he actually plays????

So would he be LAST on the WR depth chart since the others have all played?

Silly questions I know...but that's kind of a silly semantics thing.

I think Gunny's point is that the best WR on the team is Givens. Big difference.

Gut

Gut said:
So you're saying that if we drafted Calvin Johnson, he wouldn't be our #1 WR til he actually plays????

So would he be LAST on the WR depth chart since the others have all played?

Silly questions I know...but that's kind of a silly semantics thing.

I think Gunny's point is that the best WR on the team is Givens. Big difference.

Gut

Semantics....LOL

Givens Receptions yards TD
Game One 3 27 0
Game Two 2 27 0
Game Three 2 47 0
Game Four 1 3 0
5 thru 16 0 0 0

Titanmc said:
Givens Receptions yards TD
Game One 3 27 0
Game Two 2 27 0
Game Three 2 47 0
Game Four 1 3 0
5 thru 16 0 0 0
you do realize that the first three of those games were with Kerry Collins at QB and the fourth was with a rookie QB making his first start, right? the QB will greatly influence their recievers' numbers

Titanmc said:

posts means nothing.

But I meant Givens was #1 on our depth chart.

I thought that is what you were referring too.

obviously he wasn't #1 in stats.

oochymp said:
you do realize that the first three of those games were with Kerry Collins at QB and the fourth was with a rookie QB making his first start, right? the QB will greatly influence their recievers' numbers

Yes, do you realize other players did MUCH better with the same QBs?

Do you realize, he may never play again?

Do I want him to play for us and make the Pro Bowl. Yes! But folks, his season with us sucked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back