Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Is Vrabel on the hot seat? We know that for an NFL GM having "their guy" as head coach is far more important than having a good head coach. Given the way the titans ended last year, the lack of success this year and the "his guy" factor I think Vrabel is very much on the hot seat.

Other factors working against Vrabel:
  1. Incestuous coaching staff: this can work in College football (teams like Iowa and Clemson) but it tends not to work in the NFL. Vrabel does not want an assistant or coordinator who hasn't spent at least a year with the team in a lower position
  2. OL and Secondary have consistently underperformed under Vrabel. The Secondary is of particular concern as there has been talent back there but they often suck. Is it a coincidence that these are the two groups where playing as a unit is most important

Is Vrabel in danger of being replaced?

Poll closes less than 2 months from now. Votes can be changed.

Ran to replace Vrabel as HC? That's a step down isn't it?

If NE wants him, deal him...imo Vrabel has run his course ,we need an offensive minded HC

I think Vrabel has run his course as well. His coaching style is suspect at this point on both offense and defense. His culture of take the day off is a real problem. His input on player potential is really bad. The biggest problem is his "buddy" system.

My vote is
no, and he shouldnt.

if NE is willing to give us picks for him, absolutely.
otherwise next season will be his last.

Ran is the GM and he will eventually want the power of being GM and not just a scapegoat for Vrabel.

Wish we could move on from him. Don't care for him and his antics at all.

I want an offensive minded HC who is able to call his own plays and is smart enough to hire one of the best defensive coordinators out there.

I'm a huge fan of Kevin O'Connell. Wish he was available.

Unfortunately we're stuck with Vrabel until he wants to leave. There's just such deep roots within the City of Nashville, Titans organization and the fanbase to let me know Vrabel isn't going anywhere.

Nah, Vrabel isn't going anywhere anytime soon, unfortunately.

For some odd reason, the league, the media and fans of other teams think he's the next coming of Jesus.

We're stuck with this clown for the foreseeable future because of the outsiders.

Is Vrabel on the hot seat? We know that for an NFL GM having "their guy" as head coach is far more important than having a good head coach. Given the way the titans ended last year, the lack of success this year and the "his guy" factor I think Vrabel is very much on the hot seat.

Other factors working against Vrabel:
  1. Incestuous coaching staff: this can work in College football (teams like Iowa and Clemson) but it tends not to work in the NFL. Vrabel does not want an assistant or coordinator who hasn't spent at least a year with the team in a lower position
  2. OL and Secondary have consistently underperformed under Vrabel. The Secondary is of particular concern as there has been talent back there but they often suck. Is it a coincidence that these are the two groups where playing as a unit is most important

Is Vrabel in danger of being replaced?

Poll closes less than 2 months from now. Votes can be changed.

Vrabel likely isn't going anywhere this year unless NE trades him. But he's only got 1 more year to get us back to the playoffs. Another 6 or 7 win type of season probably gets him canned.

3-12 in the last 15. 8 straight road losses. If they lose to Tampa and Jacksonville to make it 3-14 and 10 straight road losses, it would be absurd to not think about making changes.

Personally I'm over Vrabes.

He gets a bit of a pass this season because this team simply isn't very good, particularly at OL, LB, and CB. But he and Ran have 100+ million and what looks like early draft picks in order to improve this team. If we suck again in 2024, Vrabel is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back